Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His latest conference is just another example of the man Pep is, any other manager would be feeling sorry for themselves right now.

Imagine the excuses Klopp would be coming out with, the self pity seeping from every pore of his body and the press would be licking his arse for it. Whereas, with Pep some of them tried to put some stats together, to show it's all his fault(even when the "overthinking" catchphrase is completely invalid), to rub salt in the wound, yet they still haven't got a rise out of him. Klopp would be frothing at the mouth before the press conference even began, if people came after him like that. I've seen quite a few people say they wonder how Klopp would do at City recently. Personally, I don't think he could handle certain aspects that would come with taking the role on at City.

People forget how worshipped Pep was before he came to City. The disrespect, attempts to downplay his achievements, label him a failure every season, default dismissal of blatant incorrect calls that decide results, suggestions that he isn't mentally strong after every defeat(ignoring that he has less defeats than most managers) and the general amount of shit he gets from certain press members(including accusations of bungs, attempts to call him a hypocrite for supporting Catalan independence just because he manages City) all due solely to their allegiances...

All of that came from the fact that he chose to come to City and put peoples noses out of joint by doing so. Then they consoled themselves in the hope that he wouldn't stay long: "3 years and he'll be off" they said. He's ended up staying longer at City(as manager) than any other club and could well extend his contract again. They seem to ramp up the anti-Pep shite, the closer he is to making a decision on extending. They seem to want to turn the club's boardroom and fans against him too, with some of their takes. He'll know all of that and yet he continues to stick his neck out for the club, defending it the only way he knows how(okay sometimes he doesn't get it right but it's with the best intentions) and he does so in a manner that I for one respect and appreciate, more often than not.

I don't get how any City fan can't see how lucky we are to have him.
Pep has done a fantastic job, nobody can argue any differently. Whilst admiring him as a coach I never really took to him personally, unlike Mancini. However, that press conference yesterday completely changed my mind. The passion, the way he wore his heart on his sleeve, never seen that as much before. He was humble, supported his players, and he’s not going anywhere. You can tell he loves this club. If any of our players don’t run through brick walls for him over the next four games they can move on next season. That press conference was special and getting a lot of praise from our rivals. I expect the players to go out there tomorrow and blow the opposition away. The boss was wearing his heart on his sleeve now is the time for us to do the same.

To those comparing Klopp favourably to our Pep just take a moment to imagine how Klopp would have done having no recognised striker. Yes it has been the club and Pep's call to not replace Sergio's output but to play like we have and be as dominant in the league without a recognised front guy is amazing.

Pep's presser yesterday was exactly what was required - heartfelt passion and allowing the players to look at themselves without being micro managed. No words can have more effect that lambasting them with criticism and what should have been.

Moving onto next year - I believe we will see another change in the way we play - We are adding power and speed up front by having two strikers come in who are also clinical. That is beyond exciting. I think those saying we lack pace in the midfield are wrong it is about having options - we have some of the best passers in the world it's just sometimes they look up and are left with limited options - but as I said to still have the league in our own hands with 4 games to go is some achievement by Pep and his players.

Love the man and hope he stays until 2025 at least.

Yes an elite keeper with all of Ederson's qualities, who is an "actual shot stopper" (Pickford/Kasper ??) who won't mind staying awake for 90 minutes to miraculously save a shot/header from 5 yards out, who will cut off attacks before they develop, who will dive on every ball that is flashed across the box, Golden Gloves winner, virtually unbeatable. The grass is always greener isn't it, we've struck gold but it is not enough, we lose,it melts. So who is this elite (even unique) keeper willing to sit on the bench and wait his turn. I know the man we need, Clarence "Tubby" Morton. I know it's 2022 and he may have to drop the "Tubby" moniker but there is always a chance he might persuade Roy (not the Haaland lover) to sign on as well. What a headline grabber for the Daily Fail, imagine the tweets of derision from "real" City fans.
I think a good shout is Mike Maignan who's the keeper for AC Milan. The link below is a compilation of him.

We didn't deserve to win against Madrid I'm afraid.
What?
Clear chances for Madrid over 2 legs other than their goals:
Vinicius tap in
Benzema header
Rodrygo 1v1 at the end
Ours:
- 3 1v1 from Mahrez in 1st game, 1v1 from Foden 1st game, tap in with no GK from Foden, Laporte alone shoots straight to Cortouis, Bernardo 1v1 in Bernabeu, Fernandinho easy tap in, Foden header that Cortouis barely touches, 2 super clear 1v1 from Grealish.

That's 3 vs 11 super clear chances. How the hell didn't we deserve to go through?

Reactions: Ric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.