Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We improved massively at the back when we appointed Lillo, and I think we’ll miss him this season.
We remain susceptible to conceding a high ratio of goals to chances

Today Villa had 3 shots, 1 on target, 1 goal

We had 13 shots, 4 on target, 1 goal

Frustrating as they did not deserve a point today but we can only blame ourselves really for not putting the game out of sight

Hopefully some players get a rest midweek and come back stronger for Spurs

I think Pep already knows that the game is gone the moment that Villa scores the equalizer, the momentum is all on them and their supporter is rallying the team to fight us until a very last minute. We can't cope with that pressure especially when our team is mostly on poor form today, luckily we will able to get draw today and not conceded much more.

I wish we know more especially to be able to see player fitness status just like in FIFA games or Football Manager but unfortunately real life doesn't work like that.
Totally ignoring the fact that we created plenty of chances following the villa equaliser

Won’t be the last points we drop this season and I won’t be rushing to blame Pep whenever we fail to make the most of our very good chances.
Bernardo for Mahrez was a sub I’d not had made though.

IMG_20220904_101356.jpg

Pep please. No execusses. Some players needs bench time( Foden) , some doesnt fit offansive tactics( Walker). Need proper defending ,numbers and height at the back, and be dangerous on attack, having numbers in the box not just circle passes around the field. Just play fuckinh back 3 against Spurs to match theirs tactics ,not nesserlly like mine , but just do it!

we are still in a development stage of trying to accommodate a new system and a player that doesn’t contribute anything from the build up or defensive point of view

everyone knows that Pep doesn’t change anything if a result is in the balance so they are pissing in the wind if they think he’s jus throwing Alvarez on to try and win the game yesterday , never going to happen. Last time he tried that was when he threw Delap on a couple of years ago when the game was 1-1….

he’s obviously worried about transitions which is why we are seeing the full backs in midfield , this worked against West Ham but hasn’t really worked since as the opposition have wised up and let our least technical player have most of the ball

our wingers have also become more conservative but they have literally zero options when they have the ball so are just recycling the ball back centrally

Pep just needs a few weeks to work this all out , history shows we don’t really start playing consistently until around 10-15 games into the season. As long as we are still in touch then , I will back him to get it right again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.