Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% his fault today.

If he picked his normal team, then we win that. They were there for the taking and playing Foden so deep was just inexcusable. Haaland wasn’t great but he was incredibly isolated and playing the extra midfielder didn’t even help us control the game. It obviously wasn’t working for us, but again he makes one token sub with not time left.

His treatment of Grealish is particularly baffling as well - every time he has a good game and looks on form, he drops him.

I really dislike the Pep overthinking stuff that people throw around when we don't win but today it was the case, putting an extra midfielder for Grealish meant we played a system we're not used to and we hardly created anything despite the dippers having a 50 year old at RB, and in typical Pep fashion he didn't change it at all, the Alvarez sub at the 88th minute was a joke.

I really dislike the Pep overthinking stuff that people throw around when we don't win but today it was the case, putting an extra midfielder for Grealish meant we played a system we're not used to and we hardly created anything despite the dippers having a 50 year old at RB, and in typical Pep fashion he didn't change it at all, the Alvarez sub at the 88th minute was a joke.
89th. To troll us.

Is it a tactical decision for the left winger to not take on the right back?

We all moan about Grealish playing safe but with Foden doing exactly the same today is this some bullshit that Pep wants.

It was a scared set-up.. like when majority of teams play when they come to the Etihad.
Most passing done from central to left and back. Phil touched the ball more than Joao and Kev combined for example. So I guess the idea was to attack their right but then Phil would just pass it backwards instead of attempting anything so actually not sure what the plan was.
Lack of changes bewildering too

Bang on. Weve pummeled them and only bad finishing let us down. Niw we have the nest striker in the world.

no point trying to nullify them. They will nab a goal. We should just go for a peoper shoot out and batter them 5-2
Nicely put. This is how I somewhat saw it before seeing the actual shape in the match. With Kev where he was an no Cancelo, Foden and Bernie causing terror on the left as we’ve seen this season, I was bemused but still had faith. However, as the match wore on, wasn’t sure where the goal was coming from.

Hindsight is a precious thing, but tactics wasn't the best. Maybe we should have played our usual first XI with Cancelo and Grealish on the left. Grealish would have created more problems for Milner.

spurs away, Chelsea away, Arsenal away aint gonna be any easier so he better spends the world cup holiday working on those plans. today was shit and he was part of it. he needs to shit on the CL games for the two group games and make sure we get 9 points without any issue in PL next 3 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.