Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You call me condescending and then are rude to someone.
I didn't mean it to be rude although I can see how it would be. My apologies. I meant I'm not giving Pep that out. He could build off Jack's last game and still play Foden.

I'm just tired of the position some take that Pep is all knowing, all the time and that anyone on here who raises concerns or questions his decisions must be a clueless idiot. I'm sorry but I think it's ludicrous to assume there aren't some very knowledgeable supporters on the forum who know what they're talking about. People who have played, coached, and have been involved in the game intently for many years. Some of us don't want to stick their head in the sand, cross their fingers, and ignore what they are seeing. And there's not a thing wrong with that. Before you get ticked I'm not saying you do or don't do that...

Jeeze I can't beleive you thought we were not poor vs Everton. We created so little with that team and formation. But each to his own.
We weren't poor.

Everton had almost no chances. They had one shot from about thirty yards out which was blocked, and they had the shot they scored from. Players rarely curl in shots from the edge of the box, but occasionally they'll get lucky. Yesterday they got very lucky.

City created plenty, but didn't score as much as their play deserved. The number and quality of chances was pretty much the same as in the three games we scored 4 this season. While Demarai Gray would probably miss the next twenty times he tried the same shot, Stones and Rodri would expect to score regularly with the attempts they had yesterday.

Everton may be poor, but their defence is top 6, and only significantly bettered by the top 3, yet if that match was played out a hundred times, with the same chances, we'd win almost every one of them.

These games happen. City don't always play well, but against Everton they played well but didn't have the luck on the day.

I didn't mean it to be rude although I can see how it would be. My apologies. I meant I'm not giving Pep that out. He could build off Jack's last game and still play Foden.

I'm just tired of the position some take that Pep is all knowing, all the time and that anyone on here who raises concerns or questions his decisions must be a clueless idiot. I'm sorry but I think it's ludicrous to assume there aren't some very knowledgeable supporters on the forum who know what they're talking about. People who have played, coached, and have been involved in the game intently for many years. Some of us don't want to stick their head in the sand, cross their fingers, and ignore what they are seeing. And there's not a thing wrong with that. Before you get ticked I'm not saying you do or don't do that...
What you say is fair and we'll articulated, but would you agree that the manner in which some posters criticise warrants the feedback they receive?

People come on this forum regularly and say we played shite and the only shite is that comment.

City hardly ever play shite and certainly did not against Everton. City's standards are so hight that even, for them, below average perfromances are still good in comparison to other teams.

I think our average this season is lower than it needs to be have an outstanding trophy haul but the time when we need our best performances is still ahead of us.

Against Everton we had enough good chances to have scored more and allowed them next to nothing, unfortunately they produced one piece of quality to score and made life difficult for City by defending aggressively in large numbers and employing an unending series of spoiling tactics. Games sometimes come down to fine margins and the Everton game did.

City face what I see as an unprecedented parade of bus parkers on a level that none of our rivals face and it presents a real difficulty.

We are changing again, we have a completely different kind of centre forward in our team and Pep has little time on the training pitch to work with the players due to the compacted season and the frequency of games.

Patience in games and outside of them is a virtue.
I guess you also don't want or expect any changes the next two games as we were so good vs Everton, so why change it. Patience is a virtue but having shots on target is better. Aside from the goal, we had two other shots on target the entire game. I don't call that playing well.

We went long periods of the game without threatening against an Everton team sat deep in their penalty area. But Pep only tried to change things with minutes left which was utterly bizarre in most peoples eyes.

Honestly think out of the top 4 we have the worst winger combination. Wingers that play for Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal would walk into our attack.

Salah, Diaz, Son, Saka and Martinelli would all improve us. Haaland is sugar coating and papering over cracks with his ridiculous numbers take Haaland away and that attack is shocking apart from Fodens numbers.

Our Wing play is far cry away from the Leroy and Raz days. So I don't really blame Pep he can only do so much.

Shame we didn't spend £100m on Phil, then he would get more starts like Grealish.
Imagine if we'd spent £80m on Maguire and £60m on Koulibaly. Imagine if we'd spent £120m on Kane. Imagine if we'd signed Fred for £45m. Imagine if we'd signed Ronaldo...

They'd be starting every match and we'd probably be staring at mid-table mediocrity by now.

I don't care how much a player costs. If they don't make a positive contribution they should be dropped. We were carrying a few passengers on Saturday who should be given a week or two off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.