Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always been talk that he'd do International football when he's retired, and Spain doesn't make sense for obvious reasons. Always thought Brazil would make sense, but he seems fond of England these days. It's very possible. But surely not much more than that.
I always thought the England job was possible for Pep but that was before the hate campaign against City from the PL helped by their pals at the FA. When CAS cleared City there was an opportunity to build bridges but the English football establishment chose to launch a vicious witch-hunt going back 15 years. Pep has been treated unfairly by the suits and the biased UK media.

He is going to leave at some point and whatever he does next is going to be seen as a “lesser calling” to us.

It would not surprise me at all to see him wind up in international football and there are few countries with the resources and players England has.

Whether there’s anything in this story is another matter.

its hard to imagine Pep being satisfied with the part time nature of International coaching. His intensity has to be accepted and appreciated by the players - and some one who is a big shot at their own club may not react well to Pep chatting in the ear all the time. in early years when he has players available who he has coached - it might start well - but what will he do when he looks at defenders and just can’t see anyone who can do what John Stones or Ederson can do and has to work around their limitations. If he tries it I can see him getting frustrated very quickly.

Easy to run with this story with 2 weeks if no football and pep not around to tell them "I'm under contract and I have this season and next season at Man City" oh of course the fa going to try and get the best manager ever!

With the difficulties that some players seem to have in adapting to Pep's way of doing things (not universal, I know, others slot in just fine) I wonder if he would be as successful in international management as he has been in club management because he would have far less time with the players to get them playing how he wants.

The press are, in the words of Blackadder, "They're mad, mad! They're madder than mad Jack McMad the winner of last years Mr Madman competition."

I always thought the England job was possible for Pep but that was before the hate campaign against City from the PL helped by their pals at the FA. When CAS cleared City there was an opportunity to build bridges but the English football establishment chose to launch a vicious witch-hunt going back 15 years. Pep has been treated unfairly by the suits and the biased UK media.
Yeah, good points.

Dunno if Pep sees the PL/FA as separate entities, but maybe he's had enough of the English press and associated knobheads. Their/our loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.