Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you leave elite level football in your prime and go down several levels working for the National team?

International football is no longer the elite, it's a job for a second rate manager or someone looking for a less stressful job before retirement.
He wouldn't. Doesn't mean the FA wouldn't want him

Pep is probably one of the most involved and hands-on managers around in terms of communication with players, tweaking things, etc. He’d be bored shitless waiting to get a group of players together for two weeks every few months. Can’t see him being interested at all, certainly not ‘til he’s about 60-odd at least!

Pep is an extremely intelligent and articulate man. He knows what cunts the football authorities are (uefa, pl, fa, pigmob, laliga etc), and the English media, but is capable of keeping his powder dry until the really important shit happens, like the 115 charges. So although he won’t openly say it I absolutely can’t see him working for the cunts at the fa. He is at the one place where he has 100% trust both ways between him and the club, he is in the midst of another rebuild, I think half way through next season he will sign up for another 2 or 3 years with us, and if he stays happy I can envisage that not being his final renewal with us. City and England are universes apart

With the difficulties that some players seem to have in adapting to Pep's way of doing things (not universal, I know, others slot in just fine) I wonder if he would be as successful in international management as he has been in club management because he would have far less time with the players to get them playing how he wants.
Would be funny watching him sort out Pickford's distribution?

He's coached most of the England squad already and often walks off verbally coaching English players from other clubs. He would be my choice to restore some passion to England and leaving City for this could be easily managed if he's still Manchester based. His time at City has to end somehow and this is actually a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.