Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep wouldn't suit internationals, he drills his teams into a system, with the international set up he doesn' get that opportunity, it's bull shit.....I hope

If it does happen I'm turning Scottish

Maybe the English media should realize managing the England team is not every managers' dream/goal.

Doubt Pep would be interested in managing national teams. Tactics-wise, NT football is a step below club football at present, Pep's tactics-loving brain wouldn't be as stimulated. He'd be so bored by it.

Please, don't be mad at me for saying this, but I think you are being too hard on the English team. I'm Portuguese, and I can understand how does it feel to have a national team that it's not going to win anything.
In fact, Portuguese and English teams are quite similar; good individual players that somehow can't make a good team together.
I'm the first person to blame the manager when things are not going well, but in these cases, there's just no possible excuse. We have bad national teams. Full stop. So, as if we were Gibraltarians, let's cheer our teams knowing that we are rubbish and hoping that one day a miracle happens.

Being this said, in no account would Pep manage English team, he is too smart.

Would you give up Pep if it meant England won the World Cup? Only happened once. I think I’d like to see it.

I saw England win the World Cup in 1966. It's no biggie. Bleary eyed BBC nostalgia has played a big part in hyping up what was a very average tournament, and which the lesser team won in the final. 1970 was the last great tournament.

International football was a chance for football fans to see genuinely great players in the flesh. We see them every week now in the PL.

21st Century international football is 90% Championship level, 10% mid PL.

Stick to watching City under Pep Guardiola. You'll never see better football in your life.

Pep wouldn't suit international football. I'd go as far as to say he would fail at it.

We see how players here often take time to adapt to his demands. How is he going to manage to repeatedly coach an entirely different way of playing into the players within a week every few months and then have to repeat ot for every new call up?

The only way it works is if 80-90% of the squad has been at city under him and know it already.

Would be like his first few weeks at city on repeat

One day Pep will leave City. He's won everything and he's already stayed longer here than anywhere else he's managed.

England could appeal to him. Would he manage Spain with his Catalan loyalties?
I can’t see Spain employing him to be honest. It would be very unpopular because of what you mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.