Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always been talk that he'd do International football when he's retired, and Spain doesn't make sense for obvious reasons. Always thought Brazil would make sense, but he seems fond of England these days. It's very possible. But surely not much more than that.
Fond of the football perhaps - the English FA maybe not so much.

Honestly cant see how the part time nature as an international side manager would ever suit Pep.
Very little time to spend making the players better would imo, dull his genius.

Honestly cant see how the part time nature as an international side manager would ever suit Pep.
Very little time to spend making the players better would imo, dull his genius.
I could see a scenario when he stays here longer than expected, and then just decides to hang it up. I think he originally thought his stay in club football would be shorter.

I could see a scenario when he stays here longer than expected, and then just decides to hang it up. I think he originally thought his stay in club football would be shorter.
Same here, just think he's too intense for a part time job managing an international side

I’d hope not.
The way City and Pep are treated by the fa, the premier league and the media in this country I’d hope he steered well clear.
They’ll go from hating and slagging him off to licking his arse.
I say that as an England fan.
I also doubt Pep tactics would transfer well to being a national team coach.
He’d certainly have to water down his tactics.
Pep’s tactics wouldn’t work as well on a team he doesn’t spend time with week in week out.
Don’t get me wrong he’d still do a better job than Southgate and 90% of managers.
Pep’s teams are well drilled every single day in training, he also only likes a certain type of player with the right mindset.
As for replacing Southgate.
When Pep finally leaves City he’ll have earned and need a break.
A year or two minimum.
The way he’s been treated outside of City, they don’t deserve him.
Absolutely spot on. The narrative will change from getting him out of the country. Which they’ve wanted from the minute he arrived. His achievements have been belittled and ignored. All that will change and he’ll suddenly become the best coach that ever lived! I really hope he doesn’t forget the shit the premier league, fa and our media have thrown at him.

I could see it appealing to him. We haven't won anything since 1966, imagine being the manager who changed that. He's won every domestic honour there is in three major football countries, to win a European championship and a world cup, especially with serial underachievers England would make him the greatest manager ever.
I'm not sure the part time nature of the job would appeal to him though unless they let him do it while still managing us.
Bobby Manc would be a better option. Kick ass he would.

its hard to imagine Pep being satisfied with the part time nature of International coaching. His intensity has to be accepted and appreciated by the players - and some one who is a big shot at their own club may not react well to Pep chatting in the ear all the time. in early years when he has players available who he has coached - it might start well - but what will he do when he looks at defenders and just can’t see anyone who can do what John Stones or Ederson can do and has to work around their limitations. If he tries it I can see him getting frustrated very quickly.
Stones is English though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.