Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s enough in the bank for Pep to be able to show that frustration. It’s annoying and a flaw but part of the package. The atmosphere was poor. They often are at 12:30. And the famous atmosphere from their clapping seals was non existent too. I heard more energy from some fans wanting a Liverpool fan thrown out of our end. The same people barely offered a peep to our own team. I don’t get it in a match like yesterday. But I saw more half and half scarves than ever. Still let’s face it, Pep trying to motivate the crowd and getting frustrated is a bit different to Jamie Pollock doing it. That I took exception too!

One thing I’ve been thinking about since joining this forum a few months ago and hearing more folks talk about it….why is it some players don’t get to play in what seems to be their preferred position. For some players like Bernardo (when he’s playing someplace random) it’s clearly because they can play anywhere whenever. But like Foden, Grealish, Gvardiol, Alvarez aren’t necessarily playing their favored position - and often get a lot of crap. Yes, I know Pep knows best and it’s clearly working on a macro level but just curious what others think about this.

One thing I’ve been thinking about since joining this forum a few months ago and hearing more folks talk about it….why is it some players don’t get to play in what seems to be their preferred position. For some players like Bernardo (when he’s playing someplace random) it’s clearly because they can play anywhere whenever. But like Foden, Grealish, Gvardiol, Alvarez aren’t necessarily playing their favored position - and often get a lot of crap. Yes, I know Pep knows best and it’s clearly working on a macro level but just curious what others think about this.

I'm not sure that Jack isn't playing in his favoured position.

Pep has explained many times why Phil hasn't feature more in the centre.

Much of it is down to having very good players who can play in more than one position and wanting to get them on the itch at the same time. Also, the squad is a little unbalanced in the traditional senss but Pep isn't exactly a traditional style of coach; what is for sure is that he really does know best.

Fascinating listening to his post match press conference from Saturday. I'm sure Pep was genuinely much happier than many supporters but that is in no small part done to the fact that he knows what he wanted his players to do and how well they executed that. A fair bit of it is simply not appreicated by many supporters and pundits.

Fascinating listening to his post match press conference from Saturday. I'm sure Pep was genuinely much happier than many supporters but that is in no small part done to the fact that he knows what he wanted his players to do and how well they executed that. A fair bit of it is simply not appreicated by many supporters and pundits.
Yeah, I think (for me) it just comes down to wanting to know how his mind works, because it’s incredible. Like what does he see in certain players that others don’t? And how does he transform them? Same questions everyone is asking I suppose!

Reactions: OB1
Great manager but can he handle the Championship next year? Might be better off with Big Sam.

I see that Pol Ballus has published an updated version of his book "Pep's City: The Making of a Superteam" to include additional Treble content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.