Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep needs to knock it on the head with regards to the atmosphere from City fans. It just doesn't happen in England Pep, maybe in the lower leagues it might get going but in the prem it's shit all over. 1230 ko's have always been flat, I can't ever remember a game I've watched kicking off at that time be rocking. City's stadium isn't really set up for it anyway, we need a proper designated away end with 15,000 standing, then it just might get going, but until then just stfu please Pep

About time for Guardiola to change another player's role and get us going on a long run of victories. He's completely ignored my appeals for Ederson to take all set pieces (more fool him...), so maybe it's time to shift Grealish into the middle and allow him to play like he did at Aston Villa.

Pep needs to knock it on the head with regards to the atmosphere from City fans. It just doesn't happen in England Pep, maybe in the lower leagues it might get going but in the prem it's shit all over. 1230 ko's have always been flat, I can't ever remember a game I've watched kicking off at that time be rocking. City's stadium isn't really set up for it anyway, we need a proper designated away end with 15,000 standing, then it just might get going, but until then just stfu please Pep
Peps job is to get the best out of the team
If he thinks the crowd can help he should say so
The man knows far more than we do about How the crowd can help.
If that game was a champions league semi final kicking of at 12:30 the place would be bouncing

About time for Guardiola to change another player's role and get us going on a long run of victories. He's completely ignored my appeals for Ederson to take all set pieces (more fool him...), so maybe it's time to shift Grealish into the middle and allow him to play like he did at Aston Villa.

Grealish spent most of his final seasons at Villa out on the left, he just had the freedom - and confidence, to move into the middle to make things happen. I'm hoping the arrival of Doku and his directness sees Jack mix his game up a bit more. He doesn't need to stop prioritising control and dragging players out of position for others to thrive. It's successful for the team, and his workrate is brilliantly. But he's so good technically it would be nice to see him take the full back on. I'd love for him to get a few more goals and assists too as he judges himself on those numbers. Hopefully tonight he can do something special.

I don't think we'll see anything dramatic though. What worked last season will work again this time with more players fit and available.

I’d really like to see Grealish playing where is Alvarez is at the moment.

Think he’d give us a bit more control, particularly with Doku in the team, and Alvarez looks like he needs a rest anyway.

Grealish spent most of his final seasons at Villa out on the left, he just had the freedom - and confidence, to move into the middle to make things happen. I'm hoping the arrival of Doku and his directness sees Jack mix his game up a bit more. He doesn't need to stop prioritising control and dragging players out of position for others to thrive. It's successful for the team, and his workrate is brilliantly. But he's so good technically it would be nice to see him take the full back on. I'd love for him to get a few more goals and assists too as he judges himself on those numbers. Hopefully tonight he can do something special.

I don't think we'll see anything dramatic though. What worked last season will work again this time with more players fit and available.
When I look at his heat maps for Villa, particularly in his last season, he was predominantly on the left but had far greater licence to roam, much more than he's ever had with us. He's only been given that licence in a handful of games for us, either off the bench or coming inside at the fag end. For me, we're currently missing someone in the middle of the park who can pull the strings in the final third until de Bruyne gets back, and I also think Grealish would relish being the centre of attention rather on the periphery. Putting him in there would also allow us to rotate Haaland and Alvarez more in the coming weeks.

I want to see Ederson convert a few penalties, to boost his confidence.

Last edited:
That's not true nothing to do with the stadium or standing we've had some great atmosphere's at the Etihad. pep was right Saturday wasn't one of them for whatever reason.

Peps job is to get the best out of the team
If he thinks the crowd can help he should say so
The man knows far more than we do about How the crowd can help.
If that game was a champions league semi final kicking of at 12:30 the place would be bouncing
Agree, but all his comments do is plays into the hands of the puerile red twats, who like to think they have an atmosphere but are piss poor anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.