Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent break down.

In the first image, the killer ball for me would have been a weighted pass between the oncoming defenders and into Rodri’s path. As you say, though, he saw the headlines.

There have been numerous incidents like the others, and it’s often a heavy touch or lack of game nous that sees it come to nought. I’m not sure either Kovacic or Nunes would have made the difference in those breaks, but someone like Tevez would have seen us take all of the last six points.

I don’t think all 4 will suddenly click this season. With the average age of 22.5, I reckon it will be another year, maybe even two, before everything is clockwork, which is again why a little experience beside them would help just now.

Said it before, this is the worst we’re likely to be in the coming three years, which should scare the bejesus out of our opponents.

Injuries haven't helped. We've been unable to change our tactical approach to find the right balance. We've had pretty much every player missing at some stage or another, so considering we're 1pt off top, we're in a great position. We could do with another midfielder, it's a shame the Paqueta betting allegations came through as he'd have been a good fit in the summer. But as you say, we're only going to get better. An incredibly young attack coupled with the best young CB in the world - the future is bright.

Injuries haven't helped. We've been unable to change our tactical approach to find the right balance. We've had pretty much every player missing at some stage or another, so considering we're 1pt off top, we're in a great position. We could do with another midfielder, it's a shame the Paqueta betting allegations came through as he'd have been a good fit in the summer. But as you say, we're only going to get better. An incredibly young attack coupled with the best young CB in the world - the future is bright.
Yes, Paqueta would have been a more immediate and comfortable fit, whereas Nunes looks as if he may take some breaking in. I don’t think we can bemoan our luck with injuries as the toll for the last couple of seasons had to be paid sometime down the line, but it’s going to be fascinating to see what team he fields once they are eventually all fit. Good times ahead.

Apparently there is report we are prepared to walk away if no swift resolution I saw today. Andre (22) from Fluminese is new name so maybe sign for what is to come …

He is the equivelent of people who write books about the royals using mysterious sources, getting rich for writing made up bollocks

Its just a chore to read, its like a students essay, I didn't have much issue with the accuracy of what he wrote in the small part I struggled through before it went to the local Oxfam lol

Claims in a book on the bald fra Pep next year (by journalist Marti Perarnau) that, in the past, he's told Txiki not to try to buy Barca or Bayern players.

That just makes zero sense. He is too competitive to not buy which ever player he thinks is right. You don’t win consistently like he does with that sort of nonsense.

There is a reason Pep hated the Spanish media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.