Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time this season I think Pep got it spectacularly wrong.

1. Line up
2. Game Plan
3. Personnel
4. Substitutions

Stones, I cant understand how he didn't start, If your fit enough to be on the bench you're fit enough to start, he's been in full training for 2 weeks!

Alvarez, deary me...He's awful in midfield and leaves a massive hole in our midfield, how he gets the nod in centre ahead of Foden puzzles me.

Gvardiol over Ake, scandalous decision knowing Spurs are a counter-attacking team and Ake being our best playing during the week.

Rodri, playing him 90mins every game, even more confusing is asking him to play in midfield alone, he's exhausted every game.

Subs, the player to come off should've been Alvarez instead of Foden, Kovacic to come on ahead of Rico.
Here's the problem, against Chelsea we brought on Kovacic for Alvarez supposedly for more midfield protection, we still got cut open and conceded a stoppage time penalty, here the same thing Kova for Alvarez at 3-2 and we concede an equaliser and Ake didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

We can't defend at all no matter who's on the pitch, of course this was also the typical game against Spurs, they scoore from every chance while we need 20 to score 3, they hit the post twice and it goes in, we hit the post twice and both go out, how does this happen almost everytime ? I have absolutely no idea they are simply our bogey side and that's it.

defense and midfield look in shambles. week in week out the same shitshow. reminds me of how we played under hughes.

Here's the problem, against Chelsea we brought on Kovacic for Alvarez supposedly for more midfield protection, we still got cut open and conceded a stoppage time penalty, here the same thing Kova for Alvarez at 3-2 and we concede an equaliser and Ake didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

We can't defend at all no matter who's on the pitch, of course this was also the typical game against Spurs, they scoore from every chance while we need 20 to score 3, they hit the post twice and it goes in, we hit the post twice and both go out, how does this happen almost everytime ? I have absolutely no idea they are simply our bogey side and that's it.
'Bogey team' my back foot!
We used to spank them 5-1 6-1 with Mancini and Pelligrini. For some reason with Pep the game turns into a basketball match, we obviously dont respect them and play into their hands every single time.

We used to spank them 5-1 6-1 with Mancini and Pelligrini. For some reason with Pep the game turns into a basketball match, we obviously dont respect them and play into their hands every single time.
Its a reason why Grealish and Gundo played in the big games, because he knows they took the sting out of the game when he got chaotic.

But that's the thing it should be 5-1 or 6-1 under Pep too, we just miss countless chances against them.

Its a reason why Grealish and Gundo played in the big games, because he knows they took the sting out of the game when he got chaotic.
We conceded twice after Grealish came on, so what's the difference ?

We need more players on the pitch with the perfect ball control, to stop the teams like that

Haaland
Alvarez
Guardiol

Are liabilities in that term

Plus Stones is way better than Akanji
Grealish also controls the ball better than Doku
Same can be said about Foden and Bernardo

Last year our spine was Grealish-Gundo-Rodri-John-Bernardo in midfield

Now we have

Doku-Bernardo-Rodri-Akanji-Foden

Plus Alvarez instead of KDB

That means more lost balls, more energy from Rodri and defenders, more chaos and in the end more tired team, with more exposed spaces

We need our treble winners back
Less chaos, more control

Against bottom 10 ok, but in these games Doku or Alvarez or even Guardiol, sorry but no

Today

Akanji Rodri
Bernardo Kovacic Grealish
Foden Haaland

(These players, well except Haaland, have the best first touch and ball control skills in the team.. it means more possession and less chaos and therefore more points)

With Doku and Alvarez in the last 15 minutes, would have been much more effective

When Kdb returns, foden should take Gundo position and that’s our best 11. Plus John instead of Akanji

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.