Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
to go from Rodri,Gundo, KDB midfield to what we have now is rather crazy.

such a drop in levels.

we have no control in midfield this is causing defence facing much more shit situations which they are failing badly. s many mistakes at the back, last season we were decent, went all CL hardly conceding...

we conceding vs top6 teams like there is no tomorrow.

new transfer apart from Doku add nothing really. that midfield mess in transfer is also costing us, Bellingham, Rice missed out on, Paqueta missed out on, Kova and Nunes good players but aint starters in this City team.

I think this season is tough for pep and the players. How do you keep up the levels of last season. Most teams who win the trophies we did struggle to repeat it the next season.

We’re only in December and right in the mix so we could easily end up winning a few trophies.

This is the first time this season I think Pep got it spectacularly wrong.

1. Line up
2. Game Plan
3. Personnel
4. Substitutions

Stones, I cant understand how he didn't start, If your fit enough to be on the bench you're fit enough to start, he's been in full training for 2 weeks!

Alvarez, deary me...He's awful in midfield and leaves a massive hole in our midfield, how he gets the nod in centre ahead of Foden puzzles me.

Gvardiol over Ake, scandalous decision knowing Spurs are a counter-attacking team and Ake being our best playing during the week.

Rodri, playing him 90mins every game, even more confusing is asking him to play in midfield alone, he's exhausted every game.

Subs, the player to come off should've been Alvarez instead of Foden, Kovacic to come on ahead of Rico.

The impact of injuries cannot be underestimated: Bernardo, Grealish, Stones, KDB, Kovacic, Nunes - that's a lot of absence and ALL in one area of the pitch. We are still thereabouts, but the demands are high, and we are not getting any refereeing fairness atm.

Control control control. Hes given it up so much and i thought it was his prime philosphy. Thought he fixed it brilliantly second half v Leipzig but then abandoned it. So unlike him
I cant understand how he can stand on the sidelines and see massive holes in midfield and not change it up sooner.

He literally tore up our 433 shape in order to put Stones next to Rodri and now our past 3 games he's basically left Rodri alone in Midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.