Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Agree. The midfield for me was a big problem in the Liverpool game.
Agree. It was non existent until Kova came on. What a shyyte of a day for the team to have collective ( in the main) lousy performances.

The one bright element was us actually scoring from a corner.....was in that much shock when ball went in the net didn't actually register with me it was a goal!! Don't ever celebrate now - am always expecting a VAR disallowance.

then who will come deep to help Rodri as an 8? Kev or Phil? neither of them can defend as a holding midfielder like Gundo Bernado or Kova do.

shall we just accept that kev and phil are two world class players in the same no 10 role? let them have a competition like all other players in this team to keep them fresh.

I remember this exact post being made 100 times in 2016 before Pep settled on just playing KDB and David Silva together and letting Fernandinho sort out the rest.

I remember this exact post being made 100 times in 2016 before Pep settled on just playing KDB and David Silva together and letting Fernandinho sort out the rest.
He probably didn’t know of our existence then.

We have the added advantage now that we didn't then of Stones being able to step in alongside Rodri.
And they didn't control the midfield well vs Liverpool even with Bernado's help. It is terribly clear Rodri needs legs around him.

And they didn't control the midfield well vs Liverpool even with Bernado's help. It is terribly clear Rodri needs legs around him.
Nobody really controls a midfield against liverpool they set out to create chaos, when we played Fernadinho, KDB Silva we didn’t, but that’s okay. Besides liverpool without Klopp will be different.
I’m not that bothered either way, sure Pep will come up with a plan.

City’s FA Cup Semi-Final will be Peps 18th visit to Wembley since 2016:

Peps reached the semi-final of the major domestic cup in 13 out of his 15 seasons in management:

Copa del Rey:3/4 seasons
DFB-Pokal: 3/3 seasons
FA Cup: 7/8 seasons
Just 2 seasons outside of the final 4:

An astonishing record even when taking the teams he managed into account. A testament to how he is able to develop consistency in his teams.

What was the plan today? Didn't see much urgency out there. Never went for it all out. A draw was no better than a defeat in reality unless we get our goal difference sorted rapido. Long range shooting needs to be worked on as theres seldom any space in behind the opposition at home.
Should have hooked Haaland and tried something different.

Given that the league looks hard right now, and champions league tough, hope he does not write off the FA Cup which right now looks the most winnable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.