pep guardiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
herrock said:
Not looking so good a manager now is he!

They did win the league. They are in the final of the domestic cup. Final 4 of UCL. Would tear my own arm off for that level of success. No team has ever won back to back UCL. Toughest competition in the world of club football to win.

That being said in both games vs Madrid his big move to change the game is to bring in Martinez. Puzzling. Needed a goal yet brought in a DM. Not like they weren't already dominating possession so I don't get that move at all. IMO Goetze should have started or at the very least he should have come on instead of Martinez. Play Schweinstiger as the DM and Kroos and Goetze as the attacking mids with Muller as the false 9.

grim up north said:
Only won the league at Xmas and CL semi

--

Yes, but apart from that, his 2 CL wins, 3 league titles, & 2 Copa del Rey wins while at Barca what has he done?

Frustrating game. Pep's Bayern played like we have often seen Barca, with concentration on possession football but usually no pace on attacks. Bayern players were heavily outnumbered in the dangerous areas.

Mr. Aguia said:
herrock said:

They did win the league. They are in the final of the domestic cup. Final 4 of UCL. Would tear my own arm off for that level of success. No team has ever won back to back UCL. Toughest competition in the world of club football to win.

That being said in both games vs Madrid his big move to change the game is to bring in Martinez. Puzzling. Needed a goal yet brought in a DM. Not like they weren't already dominating possession so I don't get that move at all. IMO Goetze should have started or at the very least he should have come on instead of Martinez. Play Schweinstiger as the DM and Kroos and Goetze as the attacking mids with Muller as the false 9.

They were very open at the back, hence why Javi Martinez (holding midfieler) came on .

Juan King said:
grim up north said:

--

Yes, but apart from that, his 2 CL wins, 3 league titles, & 2 Copa del Rey wins while at Barca what has he done?

Kenny Dalglish's resume at Liverpool

Football League First Division (3): 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89
League Cup (1): 2011–12
Super Cup (1): 1985–86
FA Charity Shield (4): 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990

Was he a great manager or a manager with a great team?

robbieh said:
Juan King said:
grim up north said:

--

I can only really comment on his latest stint at liverpool and the one thing that was clear was that he was a manager decades past his sell by date

Mr. Aguia said:
herrock said:

Winning the Bundelisga is like winning the Iranian league.

There's no competition in the Bundesliga whatsoever.

Bayern struggled against Arsenal and Man Utd (two average teams). They also struggled against us. We lost our first leg because Joe Hart made three serious mistakes, and in the second leg we won.

Bayern is going backwards, it really is.

Nothing wrong with Bayern apart from conceding the 1st goal, and over-reliant on Robben.

It's easy to counter-attack. Especially when you have Di Maria, Bale and Ronaldo.

7 times out of 10, Bayern would beat Real Madrid

Mr. Aguia said:
herrock said:

And when was the last time City got beat by more than 2 goals (HOME or away)?

Marvin said:
Nothing wrong with Bayern apart from conceding the 1st goal, and over-reliant on Robben.

It's easy to counter-attack. Especially when you have Di Maria, Bale and Ronaldo.

7 times out of 10, Bayern would beat Real Madrid
Except 2 out of 2 says they didn't!

robbieh said:
Juan King said:
grim up north said:

--

Kenny Dogleash was one of the better managers in this country in his first stint at Liverpool. He won the league at Blackburn too, so can't have been that bad? He didn't win the anything in Europe though, I forget why that was.

Anyway back to Pep, he's won the league in two countries so he can't be that terrible. He's easily one of the best 5 managers in World Football IMO & I would take him like a shot at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.