pep guardiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
salfordpaul said:
is coming to city in two years time, that is all ! all done ! haters plaese avoid this thread. munich is a stop gap at the moment. i will take the accolades in 2 years!

Is he still coming? I'm not gloating as I would like him at City. I bump this thread simply because I'm curious to know what made you so confident two years ago on this day?

No way Pep would leave Bayern for us. They love him there and they believe in his long term philosophy.

Pep's work at Barcelona is so under-rated it's ridiculous.

He literally took Busquets from the youth team and played him ahead of Yaya Toure in his prime.

Sold an incredibly big name player like Ronaldinho in order to play players who came through the youth team like Messi and Pedro.

Guardiola took Manchester United's third choice CB and made him one of the world's best CBs in Pique.

Barcelona weren't anywhere near as good before Guardiola. Of course they were a big club, but they weren't a team who got to the Champion's League semi final and final basically every season. He took over a side that had just finished 18 points behind Real Madrid and he transformed them into possibly the best club side of all-time.

At Bayern, yes Guardiola took over the best side in Europe, but it was definitely not like that at Barcelona. There's similarities between Barcelona in 2007/08 (season before Pep was manager) and our current season.

CityFan94 said:

He literally took Busquets from the youth team and played him ahead of Yaya Toure in his prime.

Sold an incredibly big name player like Ronaldinho in order to play players who came through the youth team like Messi and Pedro.

Guardiola took Manchester United's third choice CB and made him one of the world's best CBs in Pique.

Barcelona weren't anywhere near as good before Guardiola. Of course they were a big club, but they weren't a team who got to the Champion's League semi final and final basically every season. He took over a side that had just finished 18 points behind Real Madrid and he transformed them into possibly the best club side of all-time.

At Bayern, yes Guardiola took over the best side in Europe, but it was definitely not like that at Barcelona. There's similarities between Barcelona in 2007/08 (season before Pep was manager) and our current season.

Well maybe there are some, but they were already a big and serious club in CL as they won it in 2006. While we are yet to play one quarter final. And a quarter final is really not a big thing for the top teams in Europe. Its actually is embarassing for a club like Real, Barca, Bayern to reach only quarters but no further.

And we couldnt even reach that in 4 years.

It also means our whzole squad is pretty much lack of very important CL knock out stage experience. And it means a lot when you reach a CL semis and find yourself up against very experienced sides like Bayern, Real...
How many CL quarter/semis/final match experience our squad have individually? Yaya have some from his Barca time, and maybe a few players here and there. (Well Lampard but he wont be here, neither Yaya.)

The likes of Kompany, Zab, Kun, Fernandinho,Mangala, Silva have nearly zero CL experience when it comes to high pressure knock out CL games.

Imo that will be a problem for us for a long time or until we get some players that have this experience.

He'd be good at city that's a certain but i dont get all this waiting around for him and what knot. What is actually too say that he'll definitely come here And not another top club?

More chance of Piss can coming than Guardiola, his "best mates" will have failed another task.

Damanino said:
CityFan94 said:

Well maybe there are some, but they were already a big and serious club in CL as they won it in 2006. While we are yet to play one quarter final. And a quarter final is really not a big thing for the top teams in Europe. Its actually is embarassing for a club like Real, Barca, Bayern to reach only quarters but no further.

And we couldnt even reach that in 4 years.

It also means our whzole squad is pretty much lack of very important CL knock out stage experience. And it means a lot when you reach a CL semis and find yourself up against very experienced sides like Bayern, Real...
How many CL quarter/semis/final match experience our squad have individually? Yaya have some from his Barca time, and maybe a few players here and there. (Well Lampard but he wont be here, neither Yaya.)

The likes of Kompany, Zab, Kun, Fernandinho,Mangala, Silva have nearly zero CL experience when it comes to high pressure knock out CL games.

Imo that will be a problem for us for a long time or until we get some players that have this experience.

Hmmm, I think Champion's League experience is a little over-rated.

Gareth Bale didn't have much when he scored the winner in last year's final.

Luis Suarez didn't have much CL quarter final experience when he was nutmegging Luiz and sticking it in the top corner.

Atletico didn't have much experience going far in the CL until they reached the final, same with Dortmund.

Our problem in the Champion's League has been we're absolutely terrible off the ball and concede way too many. Combined with meeting Barca in the last 16 every year.

I look at Juventus this season and wonder, if we got that draw, could we have made the semi final? Possibly.

Sorry to say I don't think Pep Guardiola is ever coming to City and it's pie in the sky to think it. Lets look at this from the outside.... City are akin to PSG, lots of money, not much history when compared to the really big clubs in Europe. Would he go to PSG? I really dont think so, he deals with big big clubs, he wants prestige imo.

I think the only way he will come to City is for the challenge and/or the money :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.