pep guardiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
redmanc34 said:
robbieh said:
aguero93:20 said:
Which would bring more prestige to a manager's CV, winning a CL with 10 times winners Real Madrid, 4 times winners Bayern and Barca (iirc) or 3 times winners U*****d, or winning it with a team from outside the established elite?

Why the fuck did he go to Bayern then? There are very few managers who put their reputation on the block.

Robbieh is bang on there. Guardiola also worked under LvG at Barca, has a lot of respect for him. In terms of his club career, other than not managing in Holland, he is following the same path as LvG. Barcelona, Bayern... United?
If Pep does have a one year rolling deal then he can stay at Bayern til the end of LvG which will be next season or the season after. Pep also has a close relationship with Fergie, a lot of mutual respect, he's on our board of directors and will have an input on the next boss, as will LvG. And I know who both will recommend. Especially as the 4-3-3 Pep plays was played by van Gaal at Barca, and the past few weeks seems to be implemented at United

100% ra....oh

IanBishopsHaircut said:
redmanc34 said:
robbieh said:
Why the fuck did he go to Bayern then? There are very few managers who put their reputation on the block.

Robbieh is bang on there. Guardiola also worked under LvG at Barca, has a lot of respect for him. In terms of his club career, other than not managing in Holland, he is following the same path as LvG. Barcelona, Bayern... United?
If Pep does have a one year rolling deal then he can stay at Bayern til the end of LvG which will be next season or the season after. Pep also has a close relationship with Fergie, a lot of mutual respect, he's on our board of directors and will have an input on the next boss, as will LvG. And I know who both will recommend. Especially as the 4-3-3 Pep plays was played by van Gaal at Barca, and the past few weeks seems to be implemented at United

100% ra....oh

Hahahaha!

dobobobo said:
robbieh said:
God you lot are a bit sensitive today. He does have a point. Whatever the most blue tinted glasses you are looking through City do not have the prestige of Bayern, Barca, Madrid, or whisper it quietly United.

Yes we have history but so do most clubs. Huddersfield Town for example. More importantly we have recent success which has upped our prestige quotient a great deal so that we are now a bigger draw than Liverpool. Chelsea's sustained success over a decade plus the fact they have Mourinho means they probably edge us at the moment. Arsenal due to the London factor is probably a draw.

So is Pep prepared to drop down a peg? Well he can't go to Madrid, probably doesn't want to go to Barca. The question really is whether he likes the idea of United when LVG gets fired or prefers a slightly less prestigious club who happen to employ his mate.

A lot of posts have already rubbished this post, so I add:

Maureen was fucked off by Chelsea's owner because he hadn't won the Champions League. An ex-Chelsea player won the Champions League for Chelsea. Maureen is now back at Chelsea but still nowhere near winning Champions League.

Yes London as nice place to live whilst managing a London club, but if you are going to factor in London with Arsenal, then you need to factor Chelsea too. Arsenal have only once gotten close to winning Champions League. Most seasons the Arsenal board are quite happy with Arsenal just taking part and nothing more.

The Rags don't have the money to buy the players Pep needs every season to compete in the various competitions.

Pep will go whereever he thinks has the best project.

Pretty much sums it but I do think the Rags do have money to spend. However having Mou is a huge disadvantage if they wanted to hire Guardiola, their playing styles are on the opposite side of the spectrum and Pep would never go near that. Arsenal is nowhere close to being as attractive as our projects, they have very limited funds and have done fuck all in the league for ages whilst we have been way better than them. Arsenal havn't been burning the CL either. The Rag team is built on sheer luck of crossing the ball/pumping up to Fellaini and that is again opposite to what the Rags or Pep will be looking at.

I will give that Barca/Bayern and Real are better options but he is never going to go to Real and he has already managed the other two.

redmanc34 said:
robbieh said:
aguero93:20 said:
Which would bring more prestige to a manager's CV, winning a CL with 10 times winners Real Madrid, 4 times winners Bayern and Barca (iirc) or 3 times winners U*****d, or winning it with a team from outside the established elite?

How does having LVG at United have any consequence on Pep going there ! LVG is a manager at United and will have no say whatsoever in the next one.

Also you guys might be playing 4-3-3 but you play exactly opposite to what Pep plays. Most of the times all you do is pump it to Fellaini and hope he knock it down or knock the player down and score. If you are going to take into account that "Fergie and Pep have mutual respect" why don't you consider the well known fact that two of Barca's management team are at City now and they were responsible for hiring Pep at Barca and pretty damn close to him.

kupest said:
redmanc34 said:
robbieh said:

How does having LVG at United have any consequence on Pep going there ! LVG is a manager at United and will have no say whatsoever in the next one.

Also you guys might be playing 4-3-3 but you play exactly opposite to what Pep plays. Most of the times all you do is pump it to Fellaini and hope he knock it down or knock the player down and score. If you are going to take into account that "Fergie and Pep have mutual respect" why don't you consider the well known fact that two of Barca's management team are at City now and they were responsible for hiring Pep at Barca and pretty damn close to him.

Serious question then. If we play long ball football like West Ham (Allardyce) and West Brom (Pulis) How come they have avg possession of 46% and 45% respectively, with pass completion of 76% and 77% respectively. Whereas we have average possession of 57% with 86% pass completion. Which strangely enough is the exact same as the total football you're playing at the moment. So the stats say that you also play long ball football.
Man Utd average pass length 19m
Man City average pass length 17m

I know that Txiki and Soriano know Pep, but how do you even know they'll be there when the time comes for a new manager, from what i've read on here a lot of you want rid cos their recruitment has been poor.

redmanc34 said:
kupest said:
redmanc34 said:

Serious question then. If we play long ball football like West Ham (Allardyce) and West Brom (Pulis) How come they have avg possession of 46% and 45% respectively, with pass completion of 76% and 77% respectively. Whereas we have average possession of 57% with 86% pass completion. Which strangely enough is the exact same as the total football you're playing at the moment. So the stats say that you also play long ball football.
Man Utd average pass length 19m
Man City average pass length 17m

I know that Txiki and Soriano know Pep, but how do you even know they'll be there when the time comes for a new manager, from what i've read on here a lot of you want rid cos their recruitment has been poor.
You pass it around the back a lot, and then go long to Fellaini

The player recruitment has not been poor. City and Utd's squad are the best in the Premiership but both have massively underperformed. In my opinion both managers are responsible for that.

kupest said:
tramazi said:
Sorry to say I don't think Pep Guardiola is ever coming to City and it's pie in the sky to think it. Lets look at this from the outside.... City are akin to PSG, lots of money, not much history when compared to the really big clubs in Europe. Would he go to PSG? I really dont think so, he deals with big big clubs, he wants prestige imo.

I think the only way he will come to City is for the challenge and/or the money :(

Club with no history and only money? That the worst I have heard on bluemoon in a long time and it takes some doing. We have no prestire and arn't one of the big big clubs. Wow.

Wow indeed. Soz guys, I am city through and through and through have been all my life but I have been hanging my hopes on this for years and I really dont think it is going to happen.

Of course City have history and prestige but it isnt the sort that Pep wants. Like I said if he wants a challenge he will come especially with the connections on the board but I dont think he is going to choose City above the top tier in Europe and we're not there yet.

tramazi said:
kupest said:
tramazi said:
Sorry to say I don't think Pep Guardiola is ever coming to City and it's pie in the sky to think it. Lets look at this from the outside.... City are akin to PSG, lots of money, not much history when compared to the really big clubs in Europe. Would he go to PSG? I really dont think so, he deals with big big clubs, he wants prestige imo.

I think the only way he will come to City is for the challenge and/or the money :(

Club with no history and only money? That the worst I have heard on bluemoon in a long time and it takes some doing. We have no prestire and arn't one of the big big clubs. Wow.

Wow indeed. Soz guys, I am city through and through and through have been all my life but I have been hanging my hopes on this for years and I really dont think it is going to happen.

Of course City have history and prestige but it isnt the sort that Pep wants. Like I said if he wants a challenge he will come especially with the connections on the board but I dont think he is going to choose City above the top tier in Europe and we're not there yet.
You've already dug your hole rag, best stop now.

tramazi said:
kupest said:
tramazi said:

You are forgetting the two people who sit on the City's current board and were the ones who had given Guardiola his break in his management. One who has turned down Chelsea.

Basically peps coming to us soon because we have a board that worked with him at barca?

Some of our fans are deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.