Pep Guardiola

I see Simon Jordan and shouty man praising him through gritted teeth. “Nice gesture out of his 15 million a year salary!” Pathetic wankstains imagine the fawning if tent peg did something like this!

I believe he would have joined us in summer 2012 if Aguero hadn’t scored against QPR.
I think he would have joined us whatever the result in that game, had we not blinked when Mancini threatened to walk if he didn't get a new contract.

The daft thing was that we were pretty sure then we'd be parting company with RM at some point in the near future as he'd made it clear he wouldn't work with Marwood or Txiki. But (to use Garry Cook's memorable phrase) we bottled it. Had we called RM's bluff then I believe Pep would have been in place at the start of the 2012/13 season.

As it was, he was left without a job so took his sabbatical, and we had Pellegeini keeping the seat warm. The question I always ask myself though is would we have been ready for Pep in 2012?

Last edited:
I think he would have joined us whatever the result in that game, had we not blinked when Mancini threatened to walk if he didn't get a new contract.

The daft thing was that we were pretty sure then we'd be parting company with RM at some point in the near future as he'd made it clear he wouldn't work with Marwood or Txiki. But (to use Garry Cook's memorable phrase) we bottled it. Had we called RM's bluff then I believe Pep would have been in place at the start of the 2012/13 season.

As it was, he was left without a job so took his sabbatical, and we had Pellegeini keeping the seat warm. The question I always ask myself though is would we have been ready for Pep in 2012?

He’d have been restricted by the UEFA settlement - also, how would he have reacted to it? The academy wouldn’t have been pumping out talent and incoming fees. Nether end would have been expanded.

On the other side he’d have got more out of the big players like Aguero, Silva, Kompany and built a better team around them. We forget sometimes that all it took back then was for Kompany, Silva or Yaya not to play and we struggled. Those legends might have won the CL with Pep around. Messi at City might have become a reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.