Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Actually these quotes does not come as a surprise considering he has talked about United and Liverpool being a bigger club than us. That being said, he could have just talked about how he is lucky to be having a second chance at City instead of bringing Barca or Bayern into it.

Fuck me, this thread is a train wreck. @Kazzydeyna and @Xiphos running rampant with their tired Pep Out bullshit completely unchallenged, shame on you Blue Moon.

He's not saying anything alarming, incorrect or unfair. He's not looking for any excuses to leave either. He's stating simple facts; we aren't on Barca or Bayern's level (yet), third or fourth wouldn't be acceptable at Barca or Bayern, he has every intention of making a success of it, he will be given every opportunity to do so.

Jesus effing christ.

Some people on here, it beggars belief. Where to start...

Firstly it's a quote we have no context for and thus how can we judge it, no question, no body language/pauses etc...

Secondly it's not wrong. FFS we are not Barcelona and we are not Bayern Munich! There's no shame in that, there's an elite category and clubs in terms of trophies and regularly challenging for European honours, the top category has Bayern, Real and Barcelona in it and that is the reality! We are just not there yet. He's right Bayern finishing third with their squad would be a sackable offence and we know the deal with Real and Barca; if you're not winning trophies you're given the boot.

Thirdly it shows Pep knows what he's up against, to me it sounds like he's grateful for the chance and time to put things right.

Get a grip! We've had a better league campaign this season, okay we expected more but we have still been better than last season. He's not even been in the job 12 months yet, give him time.

Last edited:
I don't think you can judge a manager properly until he has had two seasons and half a billion pounds to spend. Some fans ate to quick to judge.

despite having a squad the envy of most teams in the world.

Seriously?

Let's look at the defence. Most on here don't rate the goalkeepers we have and want them changed. Also all full backs aren't really fit for purpose any more, so much so that we have played a right winger and defensive midfielder there. In central defence we have one outstanding player who has been injured most of the season, a not very good defensive LB playing CB, a bit of an unpredictable one prone to diving in and a young one that I believe will become excellent but isn't there yet.

In central midfield we have 2 excellent ones who are ageing and past their best in Toure and Fernandinho, 2 that have spent most of the season injured in Gundogan and Delph (one very good and one average) and one that is extremely limited.

Creatively we have an ageing Silva who is still excellent and KDB who has been rather inconsistent this season.

Up front we have a better situation in that we have 2 very young wide players with lots of potential (one of which took a bit of time to settle). An excellent striker in Aguero and some potential in Iheanacho. Jesus looks like he will be a great player for us but again hasn't been available for most of the season.

So of all the players that we have had available and ready to go for most of the season, I would say there is only Aguero, Silva and KDB that other top teams may envy us for as well as potential in Sane, Sterling and perhaps Stones.

A fairly large rebuilding of the squad is required over the next couple of windows and that wouldn't be the case if our squad was the envy of most other top teams. I doubt any of the 2 teams above us in the league (should we win tomorrow) would want as many from us as we'd want from them. I would say given the problems of our squad, 3rd or 4th place is about right.

Special mention to @Kazzydeyna and @Xiphos for coming across extra pathetic.

That pair play off each other with their inane anti-Pep vitriol so effectively, I can't help but wonder if they share more than just extreme bias against the manager (IP address, for example)

Thankfully the majority of us can recognise a troll and arent prone to feeding.

True mate, I think people are tired (literally as it's the middle of the night) of dealing with blatant and overt trolling and wumming.

Pep said some interesting stuff here that shows he's aware of the challenges ahead and is ready to commit to the long haul to fixing them. Would make a good, level headed discussion. But no, instead we have the same cancerous comments from @Kazzydeyna , a veruca on the foot of this forum, about how he hopes Pep will leave, how he misses Bobby, how every single problem we've faced is Guardiola's fault etc etc.

We have maybe 10 Pep Out flappers in a forum of thousands, but somehow they manage to create the most noise and scare off any legitimate discussion in the process. Go figure.

It's like the third time he's called us a small club.

...in comparison to Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

He's not wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.