Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

We sacked Mancini after his first season without a trophy and sacked Pelligrini after winning one, we also kept Alan Ball and Joe Royle after relegations - we don't have a sacking policy, other than, can we get anyone better? In Pep's case, we can't. But when we can, we will - pretty straightforward.

He, like everyone in life, is needed until they are not needed.

Might not even come to that, Pep's a complex man and we will never know what is going on his head, i think he is looking for a way out

Personally I hope you are right.

The English game has showed his many and varied limitations as well as his arrogance. I honestly think he is taking the piss.

Personally I hope you are right.

The English game has showed his many and varied limitations as well as his arrogance. I honestly think he is taking the piss.
Sadly, and it pains me to say this but i think you are right

Seriously? You people for for real?

Once he has "his team" then you can judge him. He's started to implement his way of doing things and will get more of the right players this summer to complete the job.

He's made mistakes but for some of you to say you've had enough beggars belief.

We are not a "big club" yet. Pep is trying to make us that.

Some of you would prefer Warnock as long as he said "we're massive".

Unbelievable posts!

He was brought here by the owners to change the whole club and get the team playing in a certain way and style. They probably didn't envisage this dog shit of a season but his work has only just started really. At Barcelona and Bayern they were established European superpowers so there is less leeway there. I agree though he needs to keep his mouth shut as when he opens it he just seems to put his foot in it and alienate fans.

But we aren't those three clubs. As of yet, we aren't even close to approaching being serial winners and being constantly in the latter stages of the CL. If that ever happens, then the expectation of managers will change.
Bang on.

It doesn't sound good to hear it but think about where he's come from first before that knee jerks(he's had his first season in the premier league, he's not talking about our domestic status), domestically we are a big deal but in the rest of Europe we will only be considered that if we seriously challenge for the Champions League trophy and we haven't really come close to doing that yet. We are however slowly being accepted as regulars which will naturally come with consistently being in the competition(he's said as much), if he was comparing us to an Arsenal or a Spurs in that way we'd have reason to say hang on a minute they haven't seriously challenged for it consistently in any era either. As for the fans not staying till the end, not giving enough vocal support and missing too many games... he is entitled to his opinion, doesn't he sort of have a point too? Other clubs have the same problem but we are aiming to become the best surely? So lets stop making excuses or sweeping it under the carpet and maybe some good will come from it. I think it's simply the kind of person he is, he is trying to improve us in every area he can affect but some people can't bring themselves to see it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.