Pep & players lap of honour end of game

Did they go towards the Colin Bell stand apart from going down the tunnel? That's the stand they usually miss. :-)

EDIT: Can't blame the fans on Saturday for leaving as the whistle went, let's face it getting home at that time of night would not be easy. Especially for the tram and bus goers. Not sure what time the last ones were/are but maybe if Pep and the lads were going to do it after the early kick offs as well? :-)

One of the many things I miss from Maine Road was the chanting of players' names as they were warming up before the start of the game.

Created a great connection between players and fans as each player used to give us a wave. It also helped getting the atmosphere going.

Not sure if that can be recreated now with all the artificial bollocks that takes place before the start, but it would help if they just turned that fcking tannoy down!

One of the many things I miss from Maine Road was the chanting of players' names as they were warming up before the start of the game.

Created a great connection between players and fans as each player used to give us a wave. It also helped getting the atmosphere going.

Not sure if that can be recreated now with all the artificial bollocks that takes place before the start, but it would help if they just turned that fcking tannoy down!

agree, was good that.

but at maine road we didnt have a concourse with beautiful bars and cut price snacks for sale ! Well we near enough have that at etihad !

concourse is to nice, fans dont go into seats until last minute.

im all for bringing back a few songs on the terraces before game starts, doubt it will happen.

agree, was good that.

but at maine road we didnt have a concourse with beautiful bars and cut price snacks for sale ! Well we near enough have that at etihad !

concourse is to nice, fans dont go into seats until last minute.

im all for bringing back a few songs on the terraces before game starts, doubt it will happen.
I never hang about in the concourse, once I've got my pie or pie and chips I'm off to my seat to eat them in comfort and chat to my fellow fans around me. :-)

But then I am perfect as we all know!!! *rofl*

Did they go towards the Colin Bell stand apart from going down the tunnel? That's the stand they usually miss. :-)

EDIT: Can't blame the fans on Saturday for leaving as the whistle went, let's face it getting home at that time of night would not be easy. Especially for the tram and bus goers. Not sure what time the last ones were/are but maybe if Pep and the lads were going to do it after the early kick offs as well? :-)
Last Mets out of Town are just before midnight on most lines (about 23.15 to Mcr Airport) on a Saturday night. Used to be later than that about ten years ago, you could still catch them at around 00.35.

Buses are fairly similar these days.

Until about ten years ago buses used to run through the night. Was it the X71 Magic Bus that used to run from Town to Moss Side, Chorlton, Stretford, Sale and Alty? And it was only about a quid on that bus! I used to get that at about 02.30 every Saturday night/Sunday morning for years, they were always busy n’all so it’s not like they were a dead service (as my Sister used to moan about me passing out at the back of the top deck and she had to look after me and make sure I wasn’t robbed by all the undesirables and piss heads getting on at that time… although when I went out without her I’d still pass out up there when I was on me Todd and I was never robbed!).

The train still runs until about 00.35 from Piccadilly to Mcr Airport on a Saturday night.

Royle stopped it because of the abuse, ended up warming up in the school.

Last Mets out of Town are just before midnight on most lines (about 23.15 to Mcr Airport) on a Saturday night. Used to be later than that about ten years ago, you could still catch them at around 00.35.

Buses are fairly similar these days.

Until about ten years ago buses used to run through the night. Was it the X71 Magic Bus that used to run from Town to Moss Sode, Chorlton, Stretford, Sale and Alty? I used to get that at about 02.30 every Saturday night/Sunday morning for years, they were always busy n’all so it’s not like they were a dead service (as my Sister used to moan about me passing out at the back of the top deck and she had to look after me and make sure I wasn’t robbed by all the undesirables and piss heads getting on at that time… although when I went out without her I’d still pass out up there when I was on me Todd and I was never robbed!).

The train still runs until about 00.35 from Piccadilly to Mcr Airport on a Saturday night.
When I lived in Burnage and my (now ex) husband deliberately stayed in the pub until he thought it would be too late for me to visit my Mum in Peel Green I used to go even if it were 9.00 pm and then get the first or second all night bus to Victoria and then from Piccadilly Bus Station!! Never try to outwit this woman when she wants a night out....that was my only night out at the time. :-)

Must admit it once got me accosted on Market Street (it was the days before pedestrianisation) but luckily an on the beat bobby, obviously realising I wasn't what this guy thought I was moved him on and walked to the bus stop with me. It was him who told me what the man thought I was and could see from my shocked expression (I hope) that I hadn't known. (Look I was a naïve 26 yr old at the time) :-)

The adventures of Eccles Blue!!! Life was so much simpler in the 1960's!! *lol*

I agree. Turn the tannoy down and in the 5 mins before kick off serenade the players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.