Pep Revolution book by Marti Perarnau

Bought the original Pep Confidential before the start of the 16/17 season. A very interesting read,especially the stuff about positional play,a world away from everything that had gone before. One thing is clear,he’ll never depart from his core principles of how his sides play the game,no matter what. As he said before the start of that season,expect a rollercoaster.
If he wants to be successful, Pep needs to change to hoof ball, otherwise we should replace him with Fat Sam.

Probably a very stupid question but. Who is Martin Piranha (is he related to Doug and Dinsdale?) and what is his angle? I know it is a bit paranoid but has he got an axe to grind?
He’s a very good friend of Pep who trusts him enough to give him unlimited access He certainly doesn’t have any axe to grind with Pep or City His books are excellent and give an insight into Pep that nobody, other writer or journalist, would ever get

Last edited:
If he wants to be successful, Pep needs to change to hoof ball, otherwise we should replace him with Fat Sam.
Indeed,I’m amazed that people haven’t called for the change earlier.

Bought the original Pep Confidential before the start of the 16/17 season. A very interesting read,especially the stuff about positional play,a world away from everything that had gone before. One thing is clear,he’ll never depart from his core principles of how his sides play the game,no matter what. As he said before the start of that season,expect a rollercoaster.

I remember thinking this Pep bloke is all talk…. He doesn’t have the tactical or strategic insight of a Pearce, Allardyce or a Pulis…. lol

*Spoiler*

I think Pep had enough of Sterling after that miss against Lyon, seven months earlier. After that game, the following season, Sterling was still starting regularly but he only scored 10 goals in 31 starts (out of a possible 38 games in all comps to that point in March). So it’s not like Pep didn’t give him a chance to redeem himself.

Pep saw the decline. But then inexplicably started him in the CL final (I suppose we all make mistakes).

I remember thinking this Pep bloke is all talk…. He doesn’t have the tactical or strategic insight of a Pearce, Allardyce or a Pulis…. lol
Joking aside we are very lucky to have the world’s best coach. Sign again, Pep.

I think Pep had enough of Sterling after that miss against Lyon, seven months earlier. After that game, the following season, Sterling was still starting regularly but he only scored 10 goals in 31 starts (out of a possible 38 games in all comps to that point in March). So it’s not like Pep didn’t give him a chance to redeem himself.

Pep saw the decline. But then inexplicably started him in the CL final (I suppose we all make mistakes).

Think Pep using Sterling at UCL final as last resort because three meeting prior he always loses against Tuchel's Chelsea so hence why Sterling starting lineup and dropping Rodri to bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.