Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Sorry but I completely disagree and was quite annoyed listening to the discussion on the podcast in the car this morning.

Someone on the panel (might have been Howard) said the booing was originally tongue in cheek. Well it definitely wasn't and it's irritating that City fans still don't know this. It started after both our fans and those of Bayern were shafted by UEFA in Moscow, having been allowed to buy tickets and visas as well as book travel and accommodation, then refused compensation. When we played Bayern after that was the first time we booed the "anthem".

You were right that the threat to fine us just exacerbated things though.

Having said that, the podcast is still the best listening by far for any Blue.

You only have to read this thread to see how many said they did it for a laugh.

Well you could say that last season we had the third highest average attendance in England and 9th in all Europe and also our biggest yearly average of all time? You could also mention that we are the fastest growing club in all sports in the World.

It's just cup games the rest is media rubbish because the other clubs can't compete with us on the field.

But you don't think there is room for improvement, or that home field crowds had a better atmosphere 4-5 years ago than today? I'm just going based on what I've seen on TV. I'm not buying into the media circus. I'm on here enough to know better than that. I'm just arguing that the atmosphere isn't as good as it was, and I am trying to provide insight on how it could possibly be better. I'm not saying city is worse off than other clubs in the EPL.

fuck me that sounds fucking horrible
You're kidding right? The audio from the iphone recording is turning you off of what is a phenomenal home crowd spirit and unity? The song and lyrics date back to 1918. There is some proper history for you.

Last edited:
You're kidding right? The audio from the iphone recording is turning you off of what is a phenomenal home crowd spirit and unity? The song and lyrics date back to 1918. There is some proper history for you.
Only 34 years younger than our club.

Hardly from the medieval music period, football chants stem from Gregorian chanting over 1000 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.