Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Perhaps Pep should google 'why do City fans boo the champs league anthem', before he comments again? Educate himself a bit? To be honest, I find it hard to believe that 30 seconds of booing has a detrimental affect on the team, and if it does and they are that weak mentally, we'll struggle to win anything anyway.

It doesn't have any detrimental effect I am certain, Stoke fans were booing constantly the other week and we beat them 4-1.

Perhaps Pep should google 'why do City fans boo the champs league anthem', before he comments again? Educate himself a bit? To be honest, I find it hard to believe that 30 seconds of booing has a detrimental affect on the team, and if it does and they are that weak mentally, we'll struggle to win anything anyway.

There must be enough people at City in the management structure who are aware of the history with UEFA who could put him straight, so I doubt that he was serious on that point.

I suspect that he was trying to get the fans focus on the positives of the football performance rather than the other aspect.

They followed procedure & decided there was no case.

European football’s governing body is investigating after its match delegate included the incident in his report. A statement on Thursday confirmed that City could be sanctioned under regulation Art. 16 (2) (g) DR ‘disruption of a competition anthem’.

“Please note that the incident was reported by the match officials therefore a case was opened,” read the statement. “This does not necessarily mean that a sanction will be imposed.”

The case will be dealt with by Uefa’s control, ethics and disciplinary body on 19 November.

You have changed your tune.

There obviously was a case. The competition anthem was disrupted by our boos. We were bang to rights. There is no defence to that charge.

They can't have decided there was no case, there obviously was. That's why the investigation was opened. They simply decided not go through with it.

You have changed your tune.

There obviously was a case. The competition anthem was disrupted by our boos. We were bang to rights. There is no defence to that charge.

They can't have decided there was no case, there obviously was. That's why the investigation was opened. They simply decided not go through with it.

You know quite well what I mean.

It was a report by an official at the game, so, to their huge embarrassment, they had to follow the procedure of investigating it & decided it was nothing.

In the meantime it was the best publicity we will ever get for our complaints.

And it wasn't 'disrupted' at all. It continued as normal.

Surely it's a stadium size thing?

Before they expanded our champions league crowds were just about capacity, what do you expect adding another 7k or whatever it is on?

We would have near enough sold out Tuesday if they'd not expanded.

Our ground is the perfect size for the league but too big for us in the cups. Despite what other idiotic Twitter morons say, we don't have thousands of tourists willing to come yet, although I'm sure that will soon change.

I agree it's a little disappointing we've not added to those crowds in two years, especially because of Pep but I'm sure it will improve.

Since when has 45,000 fans been a poor attendance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.