Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

The culture of leaving early needs to stop, I make a point of waiting till the end and clapping the players off the pitch, something they deserve after entertaining us for 2 hours. Maybe the club could do better in regards to transport and access but does it really matter if you get home 30 minutes later than you would if you left early.

Anyway I think there are signs that the atmosphere is improving, the little melee when their player was down injured around the 60th minute is how it should always be. Good to see the whole south stand picking up the atmosphere. Pep's been amazing so far, so if he wants more from us fans, I say we should meet those expectations.

And that's what it's all about opinions, and many of us see it different. If you choose to chant City and the rest of us opt to boo I see no issue with that as its a personal preference. What I don't agree with is where you see a difference between booing and chanting City. Whichever one you choose, the underlying reason for drowning out the UEFA/G14 'Theme Tune' is to voice our derision toward them for their crooked treatment of us wouldn't you agree?

You mentioned what Pep wanted, but from looking at Pep's interview he was quite clear he wanted the disruption stopped altogether not replace with another form of disruption. Again I totally disagree that not booing for 30 seconds and then balling our lungs out for 90 minutes in support of our team is going to give our team any more of an advantage than if we booed for 30 seconds first would you agree with that?

Also are you making a clear distinction between booing for 3 seconds as opposed to chanting City for 30 seconds?

Are you saying one is more of an advantage to our players and the other slightly disadvantages them?

Would you agree that Pep wants neither disruption?

If you have used Pep's request for us to desist from the disruptions altogether as an example for us to stop booing, why have you suggested we replace it with chanting City? Is this also not against Pep's wishes?

I agree that most City fans see the PL as the priority as the group stages of the CL generally throw up the same ole teams year after year or teams who don't capture the imagination of our loyal but hard pressed support. With this being the case for most fans for the group stages in the CL as I see it, would you agree we are no different to other club's supporters?

Also do you agree or disagree that the majority of our small indifference toward the CL is based on our ruthless treatment at the hands of UEFA/G14 rather than because we're just not that arsed about the competition?
Dont think Pep wants us to stand in silence, he wants a better atmosphere, dont think he'd mind us singing over the top at all, just the negativity of the booing he doesnt like. Think the booing will die out gradually anyway.

The culture of leaving early needs to stop, I make a point of waiting till the end and clapping the players off the pitch, something they deserve after entertaining us for 2 hours. Maybe the club could do better in regards to transport and access but does it really matter if you get home 30 minutes later than you would if you left early.

Anyway I think there are signs that the atmosphere is improving, the little melee when their player was down injured around the 60th minute is how it should always be. Good to see the whole south stand picking up the atmosphere. Pep's been amazing so far, so if he wants more from us fans, I say we should meet those expectations.

It's not 30 minutes though it can be hours. You see people sprinting down the streets to the car parks to beat the traffic. If they want people to stay longer they need to sort out the traffic flow.

Dont think Pep wants us to stand in silence, he wants a better atmosphere, dont think he'd mind us singing over the top at all, just the negativity of the booing he doesnt like. Think the booing will die out gradually anyway.
Sorry mate, but there's a lot of 'I thinks' in your post. Pep quite clearly said he doesn't want ANY disturbances. I don't think he was running a poll for alternatives to our booing.....

It either is or it isn't.

Paul Lake was on GMR after the game and said the atmosphere was flat in the second half. Personally I thought it was a fairly good atmosphere today. Went a bit quieter after the substitutions but definitely wouldn't say it was flat. We've still got a long way to go atmosphere wise but we're taking small steps. I was a bit surprised by his comments, perhaps it's something to do with where the Press sit.

I thought the atmosphere was better in the 2nd half, except maybe the last ten mins when it went a little flat. It wasn't bad today especially considering we were playing Bournemouth , in past seasons a game against Bournemouth it would have been like a morgue, but not today. Next home league game is Everton it could be even better with a big noisy away following to boot.
It does help when we are playing great tho.

Sorry mate, but there's a lot of 'I thinks' in your post. Pep quite clearly said he doesn't want ANY disturbances. I don't think he was running a poll for alternatives to our booing.....

It either is or it isn't.
There's a difference between support and distubance, or do you think he wants silence ? Anyway as I said it will die out because a good proportion were doing it just to join in and will probably stop now,

I've been thinking about this for a while for the older ones amongst us I presumed if the day came when we were good the support would take off, we certainly could be amongst the best back in the day in terms of support but we have won a few trophies now and we seem to be stuck in this second tier of clubs. The argument of how we compare against Liverpool,Rags,Arsenal, Spurs,Villa,Everton, Newcastle has been long standing. I think we have 30 odd thousand hard core fans and the rest cherry pick. We are a well supported club overall but not top table.

Strangely enough it was one of the reasons why I chose city.

Mate our booing has created a 114 page thread (so far) to which you seem to have been the main contributor. We were front page news for 24 hours after our match because of Pep's statement about our booing so clearly it has had more effect than passive resistance or conscientious objection.

I think everyone gets it, you see that our race is run & we should just stand down and leave it whilst others believe this is just the beginning. If UEFA want to make matters worse by bringing in this bent co-efficient bollocks, I think if anything we should step up our efforts to highlight their continued crooked thievery and to lobby for change.

If you want to conscientiously object, I'm sure you won't be receiving a sack load of white feathers from fellow Blues, but please at least try to understand why many of us are even more enraged and are prepared to increase the pressure in line with UEFA/G14's continued self interest abuse of their power.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of the UEFA evil we face is for the good men & women of Manchester City to do nothing. So as it stands, UEFA have an even bigger fight on their hands with me! So with that in mind....... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

You sound smart but its absolutely delusional to think booing the anthem will do anything but make us seem more obnoxious in their eyes. We probably mean very little to them and they would be quite happy to see us replaced with a return of the Milan's and Liverpool's of this world. Despise them all you want (and I'm not exactly a fan of this seemingly corrupt organisation) but the fact is we receive a huge slice of this cash cow and being part of it helps us to maintain us as one of England's top teams. Singing Bluemoon would be a far more positive approach to put our message across.

I think for the owner and Pep winning champions league is number 1 , winning it puts in the elite , booing it won't make a difference , let's get behind pep

Klop asked for dippers to stay full game guess what there have so let's do the same and fill the stadium and make nights to remember at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.