Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Its a real tough one. On the one hand, Uefa has a long way to go before it can be trusted. Maybe the new guy can make a difference and maybe not, so I can understand those that still want to protest by booing. I posted my reservations last year when we reached the semi finals that it didn't feel right to me and thought we should stop. Now Pep has asked us to stop, I do think we should take that as a serious request. In terms of attendance, as a season ticket holder who doesn't often go to ECL games because of the distance, I can't be critical of those that choose not to go for financial, work or distance reasons. I do think the more successful we are the fuller the ground will get although I don't expect that we will sell out apart from the top games in the latter part of the competition. I hope Pep stays for more than three years and who knows, the way the fans respond to the ECL may be one of the factors that persuade him to stay longer, or leave at the end of his contract. An honest dialogue between the club and supporters around this would help I think.

I see this going one of two ways:
Fans start turning up for CL games or the club make it a mandatory purchase for ST holders.

I work away during the week most of the time so this wouldn't suit me but I can see the club going for this option.
I for one will relinquish my season card if this happens but personally can't see it...

Thankfully we now have a manager strong enough to give the fans some stick for not playing their part. We have a world class manager, world class team, owner and the fans now need to catch up.

The apathy is just not good enough any more. If you're really a passionate blues fan you need to demonstrate it and TURN UP and back the team.

He's spot on, but last night wasn't the time to make the point in hindsight. I do think we need to start selling out CL games, and fans apathy towards the competition needs to change.

Like it or not we're going to be in this competition for years to come and it's time we embraced it. This is why the investment has come in, for big European nights when clubs across the continent sit up and take notice.

Got to stop the booing now it makes us look like a bunch of slapped arse dipper fans, we need the happy go luck attitude we had in the bad old days back, sing some funny ironic songs. Booings just so negative, if you believe some people on here the fa have got it in for us as well so shall we boo every fucking game.

What would all the booers do if in 2 years pep said I'm fuckin off cos the fans just don't appreciate the CL?

Dunno how true.
Overheard an old boy in my local yesterday,said he phoned City to try and get tickets yesterday morning and was told that they were not allowed to sell any due to some UEFA ruling,is that right?
Fuckin stupid if it is.

Would be good to see it full for CL,not sure it ever will be though.

I read somewhere on here a couple of years ago that of the 36,000 seasoncard holders that came from Maine Rd less than 12,000 were now attending games.Think the support base mentality has changed and until we get a load more plastics following us like united and Liverpool(10/20 years work) we are always going to struggle to fill unless its a big game

Even pep is taking the piss about empty seats. If he starts calling us citeh and saying we're all from Stockport I think we will know what some of us have always suspected - he is in fact a rag, and the only reason he's not their manager is that they decided they didn't want him anyway :-(

Although I agree that last night wasn't the night to make the point - He should have thanked those that did make it. I have to say that it's funny how the stayaways can suddenly make and afford it when we're playing the likes of Barca, Real Madrid & PSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.