Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

The request to stop the booing I can live with although it's one of the few outlets the fans have to vent their displeasure.
On the crowd comments I think someone at the club has to have a chat with Pep regarding the clubs history.
We have a strong loyal fan base that is mainly based in a localised area.We don't have the benefit of a huge influx of day tourists(although this may change in time)so with the increasing capacity of the stadium the match day crowds may not rise in tandem or may not rise at all depending on what the future holds.
At the end of the day it's only empty seats and people need not worry about their relevance.

I got my refund for three tickets yesterday (thanks City)

Two late school nights ain't on for my son and the day before just drained any remaining enthusiasm I had for it out of me.

Sitting on Ashton Old Road and the Mancunian Way for over an hour can do that to people.

I had sat in Mary's D's the night before and I suppose it gave an interesting demographic of supporters in general.

There were those who were clearly free of any type of commitments, fewer time constraints, etc, to the point they were more involved in their pint, half an hour before kick-off, than asking for the TV to be turned up so it could be established if the actual game they had supposedly come to see was actually still going ahead.

We don't have large reserves in our supporter base, so there is nobody to pick up the slack, but there should have been no surprise for either the club or Pep that the crowd the next night was going to 15,000 shy.

That's quite a small number when it comes to a variety of legitimate situations that life brings on a daily basis, certainly 24 hours after visiting the stadium, previously.

I thought the crowd sounded fantastic in the second half and, if anything, showed less excuse for not replicating it in each game.

That's the wanker is charge of tv, obsessed with personalities. It's nothing to do with Pep, at all, just shit tv coverage, & they all do it, all tv nowardays.

It makes me fucking piss. I want to watch football. They show the subs bench & Alex fucking Ferguson or some other twat in the crowd whilst the game is going on. It's like having someone stood up in front of you (which happens all the time with the pie stuffing cunts where I'm sat, coming in & out).

I had a cheese and potato pie last night at the ground, first one and i'll be a pie stuffing **** from now on it was that good!

You no Neville Kneville is right, he just put it nicely! I said it as it is - fans booing need to stop and get behind the team as its holding us back! You got offended by that mate!

So fuck off
Holding us back. Bwahahaha. Another one who's probably never even been to a game telling others who spend their money what to do. If the lads who went to Moscow and lost hundreds of pounds tell me to stop them I'll listen.

It's funny because since we started booing we've actually got further in the CL so it's clearly not holding us back.

The manager has requested our fans to attend the Champions League games.

And he probably sees the booing of the anthem & general hostility towards the competition as something which lessens our chances of winning it.

Those who disagree, can continue booing it. I won't, because I support Guardiola & want to try & persuade him to stay for more than the 3 years, as I think he's the best manager we will ever get. I hope there are enough people who feel the same so that the booing dies a death. But the booing is understandable.

The non attendance is no longer understandable. If we'd had this manager & this team, & we'd just come up from the 2nd division, every game would be a sell out.

We have some great fans but we have a lot of apathetic ones, & the days of us giving the team 'amazing support' have long gone. It would be nice if every City fan who can go to the Et, does so. If they do, it will be full, irrespective of those who can't or those who want to boycott it.

We now have the best manager, the best owner & some of the best players, all giving 100%. If we had the same passionate support as we had under Joe Royle, we would win the Champions League, which is the thing UEFA would hate most, & the best way to stick it up them.

Absolutely this. Hit the nail on the head. Cutting off our nose to spite our face. Lets get behind our boys, get behind our club and get behind Pep. Show Europe what it really means to be a city fan!

Hardly 'screwing us over'...in fact the only real complaint I have about UEFA was FFP and that's pretty much dead. All this stuff about CSKA and Kiev is just like we're looking for something to have a go at UEFA for....and then dragging it out for as long as we can. But for how long? Will we still be booing in 10yrs time? Give it a rest.

Did you miss the announcement about the changes to the co-efficient? You know, the ones where if you have won the Champions league 3 times in the past and squeeze through in the play-offs you get more points than if you are the champions of England? And the ones that distribute TV money on the same basis?

You know, the ones that nakedly favour the old established elite teams - the rags, AC Milan, Ajax, Benfica, Liverpool - at the expense of the teams like us and Spurs who are actually better than them at the moment?

I got my refund for three tickets yesterday (thanks City)

Two late school nights ain't on for my son and the day before just drained any remaining enthusiasm I had for it out of me.

Sitting on Ashton Old Road and the Mancunian Way for over an hour can do that to people.

I had sat in Mary's D's the night before and I suppose it gave an interesting demographic of supporters in general.

There were those who were clearly free of any type of commitments, fewer time constraints, etc, to the point they were more involved in their pint, half an hour before kick-off, than asking for the TV to be turned up so it could be established if the actual game they had supposedly come to see was actually still going ahead.

We don't have large reserves in our supporter base, so there is nobody to pick up the slack, but there should have been no surprise for either the club or Pep that the crowd the next night was going to 15,000 shy.

That's quite a small number when it comes to a variety of legitimate situations that life brings on a daily basis, certainly 24 hours after visiting the stadium, previously.

I thought the crowd sounded fantastic in the second half and, if anything, showed less excuse for not replicating it in each game.

Great post Tolm - i thought it was fine last night in the circumstances. I don't take any crap about attendances from Rags who invariably never go. Our cup crowds have always historically been lower but have improved in recent years. A lot of people will still be skint after summer holidays, just paid for new school uniforms etc etc and giving a match a miss Iis fair enough. I work in Town every day and sometimes even when i have a ticket i think can i really be arsed going to night games. Last night for example i was in work from 7.30 - finished at 6 - off to the match and got in about 10.30. Back up for work this morning. Means i have not seen my lad since Tuesday night to Thursday night.

Holding us back. Bwahahaha. Another one who's probably never even been to a game telling others who spend their money what to do. If the lads who went to Moscow and lost hundreds of pounds tell me to stop them I'll listen.

It's funny because since we started booing we've actually got further in the CL so it's clearly not holding us back.

Why did Pep say what he did then? For a fucking laugh? To be Champions we need to change!

Great post Tolm - i thought it was fine last night in the circumstances. I don't take any crap about attendances from Rags who invariably never go. Our cup crowds have always historically been lower but have improved in recent years. A lot of people will still be skint after summer holidays, just paid for new school uniforms etc etc and giving a match a miss Iis fair enough. I work in Town every day and sometimes even when i have a ticket i think can i really be arsed going to night games. Last night for example i was in work from 7.30 - finished at 6 - off to the match and got in about 10.30. Back up for work this morning. Means i have not seen my lad since Tuesday night to Thursday night.
I think a lot of people involved with football, Players and managers especially, who have every little thing taken care of so they can fully concentrate on the game just have no concept of the real world and life outside of the stadium. For many of us, City is a luxury, one that is getting harder to afford and harder to justify, no matter how well we're playing. City and football won't put itself out for us (prices, KO times etc), so why is it expected that we will put ourselves out for them?

To all those saying stop booing the anthem I'd like to say one thing:

Go fuck yourselves you pathetic pricks.

Let's just remember why we're doing it specifically. It's for a group of people who spent time and not inconsiderable money going to a game they were sold tickets & travel for and weren't allowed to watch because of the high-handed attitude of UEFA. And nor were they compensated one penny, either by the club (who after all took their ticket money and didn't refund it) or UEFA. So when I boo I think about those guys I know, real fans not some of you plastic armchair ones, who lost a few hundred quid they'd spent to follow City.

And don't forget that this is an organisation that's shafted us in every way at every turn and still comes up with new ways to do so.

The one way we have to express our displeasure and to publicly shame them is to boo their stupid, arrogant "anthem" while the whole world is listening and watching.

The message about their shameless venality is getting through as well with the smaller associations voting in a real outsider as president. Who's to say that the booing played no part in that?

So Pep (who has managed two of the favoured clubs don't forget) should worry about managing the team and not stick his nose in to matters that concern the fans.

If you feel that strongly about the plight of those lads, dont go.

Isnt this part of the problem? You cant buy a ticket then claim to support them.

I agree they got shafted. The supporters have made their point at UEFA.

Is it fair to our players to continue? I think not.

Pep is right. It's time for us to move on and actually support the team in this tournament or whats the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.