Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Interesting information thanks, I bet there are plenty of season ticket holders just outside Greater Manchester in places like High Peak, Lancashire, Cheshire so the percentage of season ticket holders living in say a 30 mile radius of the Etihad would be over 80%.

I rarely see any City shirts in towns across the UK outside GM and as you suggested most are probably Manc exiles, some clubs do have large pockets of fans in strange areas usually because it is the home town of a famous ex player i.e. The filth in Barnsley possibly because of Tommy Taylor, Wrexham is full of them possibly because of Les, lots of Evertonians in North Wales possibly due to the proximity to Liverpool and Neville Southall and Kevin Ratcliffe, Leeds used too and still might have strong support in South Wales almost certainly because of John Charles and to a lesser extent Garry Sprake and Terry Yorath, we tend not too although there has always been a small but loyal following from Cheltenham and Gloucester and the East Midlands for some reason.

Yes without question. 80 percent would be the minimum I woupd expect. There is a shift in the younger generation, I would say around the Uk. Its unlikely a 30/40 year old bloke is likely to start supporting us so although the fanbase is growing it will take a few years to be converted into bums on seats. Stills its a great legacy for 15/20 years time to know we have widespread support coming through.

Yes without question. 80 percent would be the minimum I woupd expect. There is a shift in the younger generation, I would say around the Uk. Its unlikely a 30/40 year old bloke is likely to start supporting us so although the fanbase is growing it will take a few years to be converted into bums on seats. Stills its a great legacy for 15/20 years time to know we have widespread support coming through.

Yes as far as under 10s attending games in the flash I bet we are right up there what with the size of the family stand

Besides the fact that the whole statement tells a different story...it would seem that Pep speaking of City fans letting go of an anti champions league sentiment, is pretty much the same as someone suggesting to the dippers that they should let go of their candles and victim mentality...great idea, but probably not going to happen.

It isn't going to happen no matter who says it. We are a fan base used to adversity and putting two fingers up to being patronised and lectured by the so called powers that be. If anything being more or less told to stop doing it will increase the support for carrying it on. The whole world comments on it and now knows our reasons for doing it. Now the corrupt cunts have come up with a sneaky idea of giving more points and money to clubs for PAST glories, no matter how long ago. You really couldn't make it up! This is all the more reasons to boo the wankers and expose this shameful ploy. Pep needs to stick to doing what he is good at....getting teams to play brilliant innovative football and keep out of something he appears to know little about.

Last edited:
The truth is and always has been, is that a lot of City fans just don't do cup games. They see them as a throwaway optional extra, which aren't really that important. A lot wouldn't bother turning up if it was free. That's a difficult position for the club.

While we we have a great record for league attendances, our cup crowds on the whole have been poor for 25 years+. I knew when we first ever qualified for this competition that we would struggle to sell out the stadium because of this, which was confirmed true when our debut against Napoli failed to sell out.

If ever there was value for money, it's watching a Pep team. Should be queues around the ground to see the football we're producing right now.

we also need to get over the fact we will attract tourists. Our attendances have shown we actually need them. Had 2 lads next to me today for who it was clearly their first game, they were live streaming almost the entire game and asking me for lyrics to some of the songs, apart from hiss arm ocassionally getting in my way they were no bother, were enjoying themselves and loving the atmosphere and even tried to join in despite clearly not knowing/understanding the songs. A few idiots though were having a go at them for no reason other than not being lifelong hardcore City fans.Thankfully, i don't think they realised it was aimed at them or they choose to ignore it. They bothered to turn up, they shouldn't be treated any differently.

Everyone has to have had their "1st City match" Maybe fans that started watching us in the late 60's and early 70's were glory hunters as we were tremendous then. I can say my late father took me to watch my first game when we were in the 2nd tier of English football in 1966 at Gig Lane we lost 2-1. I personally welcome all new fans. Like a double edged sword the more we attract the more successful we'll be.

The truth is and always has been, is that a lot of City fans just don't do cup games. They see them as a throwaway optional extra, which aren't really that important. A lot wouldn't bother turning up if it was free. That's a difficult position for the club.

While we we have a great record for league attendances, our cup crowds on the whole have been poor for 25 years+. I knew when we first ever qualified for this competition that we would struggle to sell out the stadium because of this, which was confirmed true when our debut against Napoli failed to sell out.
I've not read all posts, but on this point is there a need for the club to sell packages to supporters just for 'Cup Competitions' totally separate to Season Tickets?!

And UEFA, David Gill, Manchester United, the Italian club Mafia, and the UEFA cartel want to give the Italian clubs 4 places in the CL, plus extra coefficient points, and extra prize money, because they've won the European Cup or CL previously. Please!

image.png

Sorry Pep, I love you and your football, but my hatred of UEFA and everything it stands for mean I will continue booing the UEFA anthem.

Last night was unique due to the postponement the night before and the club not being able to sell tickets on the night. It was a gloriously warm night and if tickets had been available on a turn up and buy basis I reckon a few thousand more would have attended.

Anyone else watching the Europe League highlights? Shocking figures at some of these games, empty seats everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.