Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

ive had 2 rags texting me taking the piss.the ironic thing is one has been to one match in his life the other hasn't been to an actual match but went on the tour with his son once.obviously I ripped the shit out of them.their self awareness is stunning

Can someone summarise what Lake said please? I hope he wasn't too critical because like most blues I love the man. The fact is we've had every right to vent our anger at UEFA over the last few years. We've suffered at their corrupt hands more than most and even up until a couple of days ago when they appointed a new president the sneaky bastards were still trying to fuck us over whilst at the same time pandering to the supposedly 'bigger clubs'

With a new president coming in though I feel it's a good as time as ever to wipe the slate clean and stopping the booing isn't a problem for me. What I don't like is the sneering from the likes of Franny Lee who it seems don't understand why we did it in the first place. Asking us to stop is fair enough, being a **** about it isn't.

Where the complete bottom tier was empty and covered in black sheeting!

Tbf mate, that was due to repercussions from UEFA. I think Feyenoord on the night could've filled Wembley.

On topic I think we can easily boo the anthem and than go on and support the team like hell. Barca will be a sell out, we'll boo and start supporting vocally from the first whistle. It's no maths. Asking not to boo is stupid as UEFA has done shit to like them. On the contrary...

Can someone summarise what Lake said please? I hope he wasn't too critical because like most blues I love the man. The fact is we've had every right to vent our anger at UEFA over the last few years. We've suffered at their corrupt hands more than most and even up until a couple of days ago when they appointed a new president the sneaky bastards were still trying to fuck us over whilst at the same time pandering to the supposedly 'bigger clubs'

With a new president coming in though I feel it's a good as time as ever to wipe the slate clean and stopping the booing isn't a problem for me. What I don't like is the sneering from the likes of Franny Lee who it seems don't understand why we did it in the first place. Asking us to stop is fair enough, being a **** about it isn't.

He essentially says that at the highest level of football, small details are what decides games, and by booing the anthem before the game it does nothing but set a negative precedent. He says he understands fans frustrations and disdain towards UEFA but booing sets a negative tone.

If we want Pep to even consider staying beyond the 3 years the fans need to step up to the plate. Never mind all this bollocks about we were here when we were shit and we don't have to turn up now. We have an ageing fan Base with to many grumpy old men. The atmosphere at the Gladbach game was the best in ages. Thanks to all the proper fans who turned up and played their part. That's the future.
Everyone at the club is doing there bit, players. Coach and funding to be able to buy the best. All we need now is to fill the stadium and get it rocking. This is a new era if you don't like it then fresh faces with greater enthusiasm will take your place. The sooner the better.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

If we want Pep to even consider staying beyond the 3 years the fans need to step up to the plate. Never mind all this bollocks about we were here when we were shit and we don't have to turn up now. We have an ageing fan Base with to many grumpy old men. The atmosphere at the Gladbach game was the best in ages. Thanks to all the proper fans who turned up and played their part. That's the future.
Everyone at the club is doing there bit, players. Coach and funding to be able to buy the best. All we need now is to fill the stadium and get it rocking. This is a new era if you don't like it then fresh faces with greater enthusiasm will take your place. The sooner the better.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I have posted about the number of blues who I believe could have gone to that game, but chose not to. (Not those who can't afford it, are boycotting or genuinely can't make it).

Lo & behold, first City mate I spoke to (not a regular anymore) said "I should have gone". Not in response to Pep (didn't even know what Pep had said) just the fact he could have gone but didn't. He was watching on a PC thinking it was fantastic, could have been there but hadn't tried. All of those go= full house imo. I know at least as many like that, who don't go to Prem games anymore but were there when we were shit, as I know match going blues. Fucking loads. Then add in the regulars who could have gone but didn't (I know quite a few)= more than full house imo.

There are more than enough blues who could have gone, to make up for those who couldn't.

The initial booing of the anthem was valid and made a point. Plenty of non City football fans and some in the media recognised that we had been treated unfairly, particularly regarding the CSKA game, and supported the booing. Now its just like any other protest that's gone on for too long. It no longer makes the slightest impact, its just become tedious. UEFA officials and fans from other clubs probably yawn or roll their eyes when they hear it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.