Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joehannes said:
Kun Aguero said:
supercrystal7 said:
He is a very dirty player, but a class defender. On form probably the best in the world at the moment.

Kompany, Hummels, Thiago Silva and arguably Vidic are better.
Hummels isn't. Vidic isn't. Pepe was better than Kompany last season imo. Probably the best in the world last term actually.
Hummels is, Vidic isn't
Kompany, Ramos, Silva and arguably Varane and Pique are all on his level/better than him.

And if Ivanovic is available for 10m, we should snap him up! Quality player IMHO and a perfect Kolo replacment/Kompany backup

Joehannes said:
Hummels really, really isn't. One of the most overrated defenders in the world.

This. If he would play for some other club nobody would look at him. But since he is at Dortmund, he is amazing. Bit above average defender atmost.

Pepe in form (not from 2012/13 season though, he never came back after the injury though Varane added bit to it) eats him for breakfast in each aspect of football game and specially in most important one for their position - defending.

Joehannes said:
Kun Aguero said:
supercrystal7 said:
He is a very dirty player, but a class defender. On form probably the best in the world at the moment.

Hummels isn't. Vidic isn't. Pepe was better than Kompany last season imo. Probably the best in the world last term actually.

Hummels is, an on form Vidic is the best in the world, Man City as a team last season were poor, I'd say Dante was the best centre back in Europe last season but I wouldn't say he is the best in the world.

Kun Aguero said:
Joehannes said:
Kun Aguero said:

Hummels is, an on form Vidic is the best in the world, Man City as a team last season were poor, I'd say Dante was the best centre back in Europe last season but I wouldn't say he is the best in the world.
Sorry, I'm still in 2012/13 mode :)

Yes, Dante was the best defender in the world in 2012/13, I agree. Injuries have put an end to an "on form Vidic", fortunately for us.

I can't agree on Hummels. A real liability at the back, imo.

La noche del lunes trascendió también que el Manchester City estaría dipuesto a pagar entre 20 y 25 millones de euros por hacerse con los servicios del defensa portugués del Madrid Pepe, que recalaría en los citizen junto a Navas, según indica Onda Cero.

look like its a done deal.. what 20 mil Euros 17 million quid?..

I'm not sure how to feel about this signing, if indeed true. I hope it doesn't hinder Nastasic's development.

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/manchester-city-offer-e25m-for-real-madrid-enforcer-pepe-as/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/manches ... r-pepe-as/</a>

stanHayes said:
La noche del lunes trascendió también que el Manchester City estaría dipuesto a pagar entre 20 y 25 millones de euros por hacerse con los servicios del defensa portugués del Madrid Pepe, que recalaría en los citizen junto a Navas, según indica Onda Cero.

When Translated said:
The Monday night also transcended that Manchester City would be willing to pay between 20 and 25 million euros for the services of the Portuguese defence of Madrid Pepe, who recalaría in the citizen with Navas, according to Onda Cero.

I certainly hope it's not true. Can't stand that guy and don't want him near our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.