Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Peoria be 3rd choice? If he came he'd take Nastasic's starting spot no questions asked.

The top sides all have that cynical element in their game so I don't have a problem if City go down that route.

jimmy blue shoes said:
BigOscar said:
I'd like Pepe, if he was a reasonable price and understands he'd be 3rd choice. Otherwise I'd much rather hijack Garay instead. He's far better on the ball, a better age and would cost less in wages and would be a really quality addition for a reasonable(ish) price. Either that or just get Jagielka in for peanuts to play backup for a couple of years

Jagielka is the same age as Lescott and not really any better.

Pepe on the other hand is a truly world class defender with a huge amount of European experience who above all is a winner!

Don't really get the hate!
That's kind of my point on Jagielka. Lescott wants to leave to get first team football, just swap them, problem solved. They are similarly capable and you'd imagine Jagielka wouldn't mind playing backup for his last realistic chance of silverware.

The problem with Pepe is that we don't need a starter, we need a 3rd and 4th choice to cover for Kompany and Nastasic. Personally, I think we need a veteran and a promsing young player to fill those roles and Pepe would be overpriced, over paid and over qualified for the role.

What about Godin? MP has worked with him before at Villareal, he's 27 rather than 30 and would probably be cheaper.

Theres not a flying hells chance we will pay anywhere near 30m for Pepe, although the flapping it would cause would be amusing for a couple of minutes until i realised what we'd done.

No more than 12 - 15m for him.

I think you could make an argument for a rotation policy at CB, largely because VK has been a fair bit brittle over the last few seasons. I agree that Pepe seems like overkill if you assume Nastasic and Kompany will remain healthy, but if VK is going to continue to miss significant time due to injury, then i'd feel a lot better about a Pepe Nastasic pairing for a significant run than a nastastic Jagielka duo.

Basically, if Kompany maybe is a bit injury prone, then we probably need to try to rotate him more in order to try to avoid injury and make sure we have the depth to not have his loss be so devastating.

I find it hard to believe people have Pepe down as 3rd choice central defender.

He is one of the best defenders in world football and at 30 should still be in his prime for a year or two yet!

Nastasic and even Kompany could do well to learn a bit from a player with his European experience.

Ok he has lost it once or twice but to me that just shows his passion and desire to win and I believe one thing we missed last year was a "win at all costs" kind of player!

Pellegrini knows him well and trusts him, perhaps we should too!

avoidconfusion said:
If we end up paying any amount of money for this thug I will give up on the two Amigos.

I don't think there is anything to these stories anyway, just the Real Madrid mouthpieces trying to increase Pepe's sell value.

Radio Marca just saying it's Pellegrini who wants him. The club are not so keen. RM are not for selling anyway unless they can be tempted with an offer. Hence the 30 mil that's being talked about.
Don't think Radio Marca are Real M mouthpiece to be honest. They are quite critical of Florentino Perez.

jimmy blue shoes said:
I find it hard to believe people have Pepe down as 3rd choice central defender.

He is one of the best defenders in world football and at 30 should still be in his prime for a year or two yet!

Nastasic and even Kompany could do well to learn a bit from a player with his European experience.

Ok he has lost it once or twice but to me that just shows his passion and desire to win and I believe one thing we missed last year was a "win at all costs" kind of player!

Pellegrini knows him well and trusts him, perhaps we should too!

Good points but not for the money being stated at the moment.

Considering we have 31 year old Maicon....imo we shldnt go for Pepe....Nastasić , Rakik,and richards are future which should be groomed and given exposer in Champions leagues...with veterans like kompany, Zaba, Maicon, lescott,Clichy...we need our reservs to play more in FA and League club...Abdisalem Ibrahim, Daniel, Raikik,John,scincalir,rodwell need to be tested for clubs and their future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.