Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we need a central defender, but if we are after a defender, what better than Pepe one of the main-stays of Real Madrid. He's 30, not 33

We went out of the Champions League because of inexperience at the back with some stupid gaffes. However I'd leave the defence alone

We should limit the changes because we have a good unit that dominates every game, we just need to turn possession and chances into goals

Marvin said:
I don't think we need a central defender, but if we are after a defender, what better than Pepe one of the main-stays of Real Madrid. He's 30, not 33

We went out of the Champions League because of inexperience at the back with some stupid gaffes. However I'd leave the defence alone

We should limit the changes because we have a good unit that dominates every game, we just need to turn possession and chances into goals

with kolo gone and lescott likely to leave we will defo need at least 1 defender...and tbh if we have 20M to spend on a DF go and get Maquinhos or Mangala rather than Pepe

MihaiCity said:
Marvin said:

with kolo gone and lescott likely to leave we will defo need at least 1 defender...and tbh if we have 20M to spend on a DF go and get Maquinhos or Mangala rather than Pepe

I agree we should be singing players like these two (already good with lots of potential) rather than a 30 year old who is aggressive and gets quite a few reds a season don't get me wrong he's a great defender but no thanks.

Milner7 said:
I agree we should be singing players like these two (already good with lots of potential) rather than a 30 year old who is aggressive and gets quite a few reds a season don't get me wrong he's a great defender but no thanks.

Kompany red cards last season: 1
Pepe red cards last season: 0

Kompany red cards season before last: 2
Pepe red cards season before last: 1

You have to go three seasons back when Pepe got 2 red cards compared to Kompany's 1 to see otherwise. And Pepe plays in a league where yellow and red cards are handed out for fun. People are exaggerating his 'thuggishness', he is a hot head but he is more controlled than people think these days. He'll never repeat the Getafe incident again. Champions League is important to our club and Pepe has tons of Champions League experience, if we'd had him in defence against Real maybe we wouldn't have capitulated so feebly at the end.

LoveCity said:
Milner7 said:

You have to go three seasons back when Pepe got 2 red cards compared to Kompany's 1 to see otherwise. And Pepe plays in a league where yellow and red cards are handed out for fun. People are exaggerating his 'thuggishness', he is a hot head but he is more controlled than people think these days. He'll never repeat the Getafe incident again. Champions League is important to our club and Pepe has tons of Champions League experience, if we'd had him in defence against Real maybe we wouldn't have capitulated so feebly at the end.

I'm coming round to this way of thinking. If we are going to improve in Europe then we definitely could do with another centre half who has played at that level regularly and excelled. Pepe definitely ticks those boxes.

It's interesting that we're linked with him and Marquinhos who's still a kid. For my money with the age of Vinny and Nasty, I'd go for experience over youth if we bring in another centre half.

LoveCity said:
Milner7 said:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good bluemoan

Central defence isn't where we need to strengthen. Nasty had a quality season and backup centre backs play very rarely as rotation isn't needed here. Pepe would be sat on the bench a lot I reckon

Citizen Jack said:
Central defence isn't where we need to strengthen. Nasty had a quality season and backup centre backs play very rarely as rotation isn't needed here. Pepe would be sat on the bench a lot I reckon

Our captain and CB didn't get injured or suspended last season?

Citizen Jack said:

Kolo is gone, Lescott may go, Kompany missed a lot through injury and Nasty is young. We most definitely need 1 CB minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.