Not open for further replies.
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
This whole 'thug' thing is a myth

Believe...Pepe would be a great signing

pepe2.gif

wwnd6d.gif

3876055_o.gif

Er, yeah. He's a real pussy cat, aint he?

this has made me want a player I didn't want, I missed watching de jong kick everyone last season so he can do that job

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Instead of bringing up compilations which you could find on any given player..

Really? OK then - go and find similar incidents of total thuggery by Kompany then.

check out his disciplinary record recently

Oh, his record "recently"?

But not further back?

LOL.

IanBishopsHaircut said:

Really? OK then - go and find similar incidents of total thuggery by Kompany then.

But not further back?

LOL.

Surely the most recent disciplinary records are relevant? He has settled somewhat. Certainly no angel but you won't see all-out assault anymore. As already documented, he got less yellows than Yaya and Barry last season, and has less red cards than Kompany over the last two seasons. He's a better footballer than Lescott in every way, so in that sense he'd not only be a replacement but an upgrade.

LoveCity said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

But not further back?

LOL.

Surely the most recent disciplinary records are relevant? He has settled somewhat. Certainly no angel but you won't see all-out assault anymore. As already documented, he got less yellows than Yaya and Barry last season, and has less red cards than Kompany over the last two seasons. He's a better footballer than Lescott in every way, so in that sense he'd not only be a replacement but an upgrade.

He's a thug. A head case. So he's been a 'good boy' last season? So? It will take longer than that to prove he won't go back to his old ways again.

LoveCity said:

But not further back?

LOL.

He's a thug. A head case. So he's been a 'good boy' last season? So? It will take longer than that to prove he won't go back to his old ways again.

He's exactly what we need Jimmy lad...embrace the Pepe ;-)

LoveCity said:

But not further back?

LOL.

He got 0 red cards last season and 1 red card the season before last (for two yellows rather than a straight red), fewer than Kompany. Is Kompany a thug? Let's again not forget La Liga has far more yellow and red cards than the Premier League on average. You can get away with far more in England. Real Madrid got 93 yellow cards and 6 red cards last season in La Liga, we got 62 yellow cards and 3 red cards last season in the Premier League.

LoveCity said:
LoveCity said:

He got 0 red cards last season and 1 red card the season before last (for two yellows rather than a straight red), fewer than Kompany. Is Kompany a thug? Let's again not forget La Liga has far more yellow and red cards than the Premier League on average. You can get away with far more in England. Real Madrid got 93 yellow cards and 6 red cards last season in La Liga, we got 62 yellow cards and 3 red cards last season in the Premier League.

Can't condone some of the stuff he's done in the past but it does look like he's learnt a lesson and tbh, I think we could to with a bit of what he'd bring in terms of attitude. Happen to think he's a very good CB as well and just what we need in the champs league. I'd be a little concerned about the impact on Nasty, but hopefully we 'll have a good enough season to give him enough game time.

I'm in.

Pepe would be a great signing in my opinion. Would mean that if Kompany is injured or suspended, which he seems to be a lot these days, then it doens't leave a big hole in the defence.

A central defence of Kompany/Pepe/Nastasic/Lescott is very strong, though i'd keep Lescott away from any European games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.