Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wretched Vengeance said:
Didn't Mourinho use him as a DM once against Barcelona and he was absolutely immense? Completely nullifying Messi and Co.

Still not completely sold on the idea mind. Especially not at the rumoured fee. But of course, one could take that with a large handful of salt.

I've wrote it already, he played DM in first Bosnia vs Portugal play off (one for World Cup as they have beat us in EURO play off too).

He had all our team in the pocket and we were free-scoring back then just as we are now :)

He's better DM than most of full time DMers.

MSP said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Didn't Mourinho use him as a DM once against Barcelona and he was absolutely immense? Completely nullifying Messi and Co.

Still not completely sold on the idea mind. Especially not at the rumoured fee. But of course, one could take that with a large handful of salt.

I've wrote it already, he played DM in first Bosnia vs Portugal play off (one for World Cup as they have beat us in EURO play off too).

He had all our team in the pocket and we were free-scoring back then just as we are now :)

I hadn't read your post, so not trying to take credit and just pretending to have some footballing knowledge. :)

Not sure if it's him or the rumoured fee that bothers me.....or possibly both.

TH I think said we were pretty serious about him.

Wretched Vengeance said:
MSP said:
Wretched Vengeance said:

I hadn't read your post, so not trying to take credit and just pretending to have some footballing knowledge. :)

Not sure if it's him or the rumoured fee that bothers me.....or possibly both.

TH I think said we were pretty serious about him.

That's the killer, the fee.

If we can get him for around 15m then we should definitely do a deal.

I love Nasty but if when we draw one of the European giants, I'd trust Pepe's years of experience of playing against those players.

He is on the decline, however. Probably squeeze two more world class years out of him.

One of the few players that can give it back to Negredo and snuff him quiet.

Forget the fee, would he improve the team? Unequivocal yes from me. I think Nastasic is a true boss, but he's not ready to lead a defence on his own. Lescott for his age and experience also can't, Kompany is the only one who can. Pepe would be another. Given Kompany's patchy injuries, that alone could be worth its weight in gold. No longer dropping ten points if he misses a run of matches.

adrianr said:
Forget the fee, would he improve the team? Unequivocal yes from me. I think Nastasic is a true boss, but he's not ready to lead a defence on his own. Lescott for his age and experience also can't, Kompany is the only one who can. Pepe would be another. Given Kompany's patchy injuries, that alone could be worth its weight in gold. No longer dropping ten points if he misses a run of matches.

Can't disagree with this. I love Lescott, but toward the end of last season, he was looking slower by the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.