Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeven said:
You can call me nuts, but i want Garcia to make this cover CB spot his. He deserves a chance to get it right there, (remember Kompany he went the same route for us)

With the 20 million saved keep it to next transfer window i say

I agree, you are nuts.

zeven said:
You can call me nuts, but i want Garcia to make this cover CB spot his. He deserves a chance to get it right there, (remember Kompany he went the same route for us)

I agree, really don't get this Pepe stuff. Why on earth would we want a player of that level to back up Kompany? We're not an all star team.

zeven said:

I think he is a fine player at centre back even better than Lescot

waspish said:
zeven said:

I don't know if you are serious but if you are, I agree--Garcia is as good or better than Lescott in every defensive attribute.

Heading: Better
Positioning: Same
Marking: Same
Tackling: Same
Pace: Slightly Better
Ball Control: Better
Vision: Same

I think he would make perfect cover for CB and CDM (where he is actually better than many think).

Neville Kneville said:
Jumanji said:
MSP said:
Shakhtar official site announced Fernandinho as 40 millions eur.
£34m - £4m Ferna payed = £30m

It said how much the deal was worth, it didn't say how much they received as a transfer fee.

That will turn out to be much less in the books imo & I offer the way the recent deals have been conducted as evidence.

The fee was reported to be £24m +wages. But Shakhtar have said (& only them may I add) that they received the full asking price. Not a chance we paid the amount they wanted, he was tweeting saying he wanted to join us so they had no option other than to sell, we knew it & they knew it.
You know the UK media love a good dig at City, look at the latest "City spend £90m" yet fail to mention the amount we save in wages or the monies that have come back in through sales, but of course that would put a positive spin on our spending & we can't be having that!

not my fault! said:
Neville Kneville said:
Jumanji said:
£34m - £4m Ferna payed = £30m

It said how much the deal was worth, it didn't say how much they received as a transfer fee.

That will turn out to be much less in the books imo & I offer the way the recent deals have been conducted as evidence.

The fee was reported to be £24m +wages. But Shakhtar have said (& only them may I add) that they received the full asking price. Not a chance we paid the amount they wanted, he was tweeting saying he wanted to join us so they had no option other than to sell, we knew it & they knew it.
You know the UK media love a good dig at City, look at the latest "City spend £90m" yet fail to mention the amount we save in wages or the monies that have come back in through sales, but of course that would put a positive spin on our spending & we can't be having that!

Couldn't really care less what the media think but it will be great when they next run one of them wage bill stories it's going to be interesting to see their reaction to our wage bill decreases.

SebastianBlue said:
waspish said:
zeven said:

I don't know if you are serious but if you are, I agree--Garcia is as good or better than Lescott in every defensive attribute.

I think he would make perfect cover for CB and CDM (where he is actually better than many think).

Strongly disagree.

Heading: Same
Positioning: Worse
Marking: Worse
Tackling: Worse
Pace: Worse
Ball Control: Same

Garcia looks like he's running in treacle. Tackle? When?!

Lescott a miles better CB

We are trying Garcia at CB as a last resort because its the only place we have. He was a mistake.

Cobwebcat said:
SebastianBlue said:
waspish said:

Strongly disagree.

Agreed, Garcia got away with at least 2 blatant dives to win free kicks against faster attackers when we played against Amazulu. A better referee would have waved play on, and they would have been in on goal. He also often tries to pull back or wrestle attackers that go past him.

Plain Speaking said:
Cobwebcat said:
SebastianBlue said:

Strongly disagree.

Agreed, Garcia got away with at least 2 blatant dives to win free kicks against faster attackers when we played against Amazulu. A better referee would have waved play on, and they would have been in on goal. He also often tries to pull back or wrestle attackers that go past him.

Yep and with us pressing high teams will break on us and we need fast defenders. This guy is so slow I can barely watch. If we play him at CB he will cost us.

SebastianBlue said:
waspish said:
zeven said:

You're out of your mind. Garcia was shit vs Southampton. He was shit vs QPR. He was fine vs Stoke because they play long ball and can't score to save their lives. Against a team coached by Tony Pulis he's fine. Unfortuantly for us there are no Tony Pulis coached teams in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.