tumblr_mc8x2hPsRb1qbyxr0o1_250.gif

Anything happening here....Nope

Re: Pepe

There's not a chance on earth Real will sell a player to us unless we offer
a very silly transfer fee. They will want about 30m for Pepe, which to me
is a non starter. Perez is a twat.

Grieffymcfcctid said:
we only have two top centre backs, thats vk and mn, lescott is a liability, boyata is no way good enough, garcia cant even play in his proper position midfield never mind defence, i say lets get pepe in!

I think "mn" is overrated by alot on here. He is still young and for is age has big potential but I still think he needs to improve and would not like to see him as my main cb along with vk. I think because he looks well on the ball people get carried away, but a midfielder could do what he does in this area. I think he gets beat in the air to often which he needs to improve on and can be beaten by a drop of the shoulder and pace.

As for Lescott being a liability I dont think is the case. Not taking age into account I would prefer Lescott and VK to start against Newcastle and bleed MN into the cb he is going to be. As for Boyata and Garcia I 100% agree.

Yesterday simply showed we defo need to add in central defence. Any combinating from /Nastasic/Richards/Lescott/Garcia is by far not good enough. Nastasic is great with Kompany besides him.
Honestly we need Pepe or a similar kind a CD, unless we keep scoring more than our opponents.

Big_Fan said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
we only have two top centre backs, thats vk and mn, lescott is a liability, boyata is no way good enough, garcia cant even play in his proper position midfield never mind defence, i say lets get pepe in!

I think "mn" is overrated by alot on here. He is still young and for is age has big potential but I still think he needs to improve and would not like to see him as my main cb along with vk. I think because he looks well on the ball people get carried away, but a midfielder could do what he does in this area. I think he gets beat in the air to often which he needs to improve on and can be beaten by a drop of the shoulder and pace.

As for Lescott being a liability I dont think is the case. Not taking age into account I would prefer Lescott and VK to start against Newcastle and bleed MN into the cb he is going to be. As for Boyata and Garcia I 100% agree.

I think Nasty is already a better than Lescott...Better at reading the game..you rarely see him on the back foot, where as for Lescott, he loses his man all too often, and hasn't got the pace to catch a quick player..Also can't remember a glaring mistake from Nastasic during his time here..Lescott almost cost us the league with one of his
Yeah Joleon is stronger and better in the air, but the game is becoming far more technical and Joleon isn't a technical CB, he comes undone against movement and pace....Throw him in against the likes of Benteke by all means...But against fluid, quick passing opposition, Nastasic for me 10/10 times

Big_Fan said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:

How can you say Nastasic is overrated and than hype up Letscott. You still think Nastasic needs to improve? Really? At 20 any playyer is hardly the finished article. And you think Lescott IS? He's 30 and has more to learn than Nastasic at 20. Look at the 3rd Milan goal yesterday and watch Lescott move and turn in slow-mo.

How someone can rate Lescott over Nasti is beyond me. Anyways...if i have counted correct even with only 2 goalkeepers included....we have 23 first-team players. Which means that 1 player must be left out from the CL squad. Probably Sinclair if he doesn't go. So unless another player is sold besides Sinclair. There isn't room for another defender. Which is a worry because Garcia and Lescott as back-ups is frightening.

eversince 76 said:
Big_Fan said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:

How can you say Nastasic is overrated and than hype up Letscott. You still think Nastasic needs to improve? Really? At 20 any playyer is hardly the finished article. And you think Lescott IS? He's 30 and has more to learn than Nastasic at 20. Look at the 3rd Milan goal yesterday and watch Lescott move and turn in slow-mo.

Looks as though you bit first

I would love pepe just the type of defender we need, how much would he cost though and do you think real madrid would sell? If they did sell pepe to us at the back they would only have sergio ramos and varane

I think all clubs looking to challenge on all fronts need 4 CB's. Two of them need to be 'leaders' and the other two need to be 'younger' players who will offer competition and look to improve. You look at some of the great defences and they have all had two defenders who are more than capable of bossing the defence. Terry and Carvalho, Rio and Vidic, Campbell and Toure etc.

At the moment the only lead defender we have is Vinny and despite Nastasic's maturity he is still a young player. We are still lacking another lead defender and this is why I believe we need to sell and replace Lescott.

Lescott is without doubt a very good defender who would improve the majority of PL teams. Despite his lack of technical ability he is still a reliable old school defender who rarely makes mistakes. However the reason we need to replace him is because he sadly is not a leader and he tends to hide away from the responsibility of being the experienced defender.

Someone hit the nail on the head in another thread when they said Lescott is quality alongside Vinny. This is true but so is Nastasic who about 10 years younger than Lescott. The problems appear when Vinny is out and there was a reason why Mancini picked Kolo instead of Lescott to partner Nasty in Vinny's absence last season. It was because Kolo is a natural leader.

Signing another lead CB is a must for us and it also helps the younger defenders develop. We could easily keep Lescott but IMO he is too good to be on our bench when he could be starting for any team outside the top 6 especially in a WC year. FWIW I think Lescott has been a brilliant player for us and has played a big role in helping our defence become the best for the past 3 years. But as we have moved on Lescott's weaknesses have made him a liability in our team and combined with his age means we need to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.