Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pepe

Miranda from Atletico is just as good as Pepe, younger, would command far less in wages and would probably be a bit cheaper too.

blinkblue said:
Miranda from Atletico is just as good as Pepe, younger, would command far less in wages and would probably be a bit cheaper too.

But would we have to put up with her crap jokes.

Petetheblu said:
blinkblue said:

But would we have to put up with her crap jokes.

Fair point. "Bird falling over" gags don't cut it round ere'.

until today i hadn't really made up my mind on getting a player like Pepe one way or the other...

but as of today, i have a genuine concern for the possible eventuality that both Kompany and Nasty could be unavailable at the same time. if in such an instance, we do not have a capable veteran CB to lead the back row, we will have to hope that our offence can score enough to overcome a grave weakness.

so i'd be relieved to see a man like Pepe in our kit in the next few days (weeks). he has the experience and tools to be a big part of City's assault on the Prem and CL this coming season.

SkyBlueCanuck said:
until today i hadn't really made up my mind on getting a player like Pepe one way or the other...

but as of today, i have a genuine concern for the possible eventuality that both Kompany and Nasty could be unavailable at the same time. if in such an instance, we do not have a capable veteran CB to lead the back row, we will have to hope that our offence can score enough to overcome a grave weakness.

so i'd be relieved to see a man like Pepe in our kit in the next few days (weeks). he has the experience and tools to be a big part of City's assault on the Prem and CL this coming season.

Sums up what i was thinking

Apparently Madrid is bidding for Chiellini, the Pepe transfer may just have legs.

SkyBlueCanuck said:

We did have a capable veteran & we let him leave on a free... Kolo Toure anyone?

Garcia and Kolorov were crap and the defence was all over the place at times last night. Milan knew this hence why they adopted a route one tactic of knocking the ball long and we struggled to contain their speedy forwards on the break.

But would Pepe help in this respect. Lescott did not suddenly become a bad defender. Neither did Garcia. It's just that if you play a high defensive line you need a bit of pace in central defence and yesterday we didn't have it.

I'd like to see Pepe at City for the experience and mentality he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.