Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pepe

LoveCity said:
Demichelis has asked Atletico to let him go according to Cadena SER. Pellegrini has offered a 2-year deal.

Interesting, it looks like maybe we are getting Demichelis then.

I said in the Demichelis thread that I would prefer Pepe for the CL, but he would demand a first team pace resulting in Nastasic's game time likely to be diminished compared to last season.

Demichelis does look more of a back up center half, he has worked under Pellegrini and will understand his game plan/ tactics inside out no doubt.

Lots of conflicting stories tonight in Spain about Pepe. Some say he's staying and Real have turned us away, others say City are encouraged and think Real will do business (to get money for Bale), and now the news about Demichelis possibly being close to joining us. Maybe we'll find out tomorrow (err... today).

ban-mcfc said:
i'd offer them 40m for di maria and pepe.
I would too but don't think di maria wants out either. I have no qualms about finding they're bale bid. Disappointed he'd be leaving the league but if we get Pepe in return they'd have 0 depth in defense

They've said Di Maria is staying. Coentrao is the only one officially on the market as he wants weekly starts.

LoveCity said:
They've said Di Maria is staying. Coentrao is the only one officially on the market as he wants weekly starts.

"Okay Perez, we will let you have Isco if you give us Coentrao + Pepe for 35M" - Txiki

"Deal" - Perez

*wakes up from dream*

LoveCity said:
Is 'they' Real?

I've been saying for weeks that we need 2 CB's, a new LB and a new LW to compliment Navas. Surrly if we jesttison Sinclair, Garcia, Kolorov, Lescott, Barry, Razak and Boyata we could afford to bring in Coentrao, Pepe and Willian/Di Maria and still balance the books.

If our new approach has shown us anything, in the fight against ffp, wages are an even more important factor than a realistic fee.

Dribble said:
LoveCity said:
Is 'they' Real?

I've been saying for weeks that we need 2 CB's, a new LB and a new LW to compliment Navas. Surrly if we jesttison Sinclair, Garcia, Kolorov, Lescott, Barry, Razak and Boyata we could afford to bring in Coentrao, Pepe and Willian/Di Maria and still balance the books.

If our new approach has shown us anything, in the fight against ffp, wages are an even more important factor than a realistic fee.
Boyata actually looked good against Bayern. I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of him.

kanovic said:
Dribble said:
LoveCity said:
Is 'they' Real?

Boyata actually looked good against Bayern. I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of him.

I'd love to see Boyata make it but am still wary about him - even in that good performance against Bayern he switched off for one of their goals. A friendly against Bayern is a small sample size and I watched Bayern the weekend after against Gladbach and they played with far more intensity than against us with it being a competitive game. Two very bad loans for Bolton and FC Twente (in the 7th best league in Europe and they sent him home) are a bigger sample size and the latter was only last season so not much has happened between then and now to change him. But maybe his flaws can be trained out of him.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
Demichelis has asked Atletico to let him go according to Cadena SER. Pellegrini has offered a 2-year deal.
Interesting, it looks like maybe we are getting Demichelis then.
I said in the Demichelis thread that I would prefer Pepe for the CL, but he would demand a first team pace resulting in Nastasic's game time likely to be diminished compared to last season.
Demichelis does look more of a back up center half, he has worked under Pellegrini and will understand his game plan/ tactics inside out no doubt.
and he's only a year older than Tony Book when he was signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.