Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pepe

The Doctor said:
Sorry but I just don't get this.......................We seem to be chasing a £20m 30yr old Centre Back as cover yet we allowed a premier league proven 30yr old centre back Kolo Toure to leave for free!...................................BONKERS!
^^^This^^^

I spoke to a Dipper yesterday and told him that they were very lucky because they signed Kolo on a free. He was saying that he's performed brilliantly in their pre-season, but most Dipper fans were skeptical because they thought they'd signed a dud on the decline.

I told him that Toure may be past his peak, but he's still Champions League class in my book. He did fuck all wrong from what I could see and it makes no sense letting one 30 year old go for free, only to buy another one for between £20-£30m.

This is no sleight on Pepe, but I just don't understand the logic. Having said that, as it stands Pepe signing would be a blessed relief.

The Doctor said:
Sorry but I just don't get this.......................We seem to be chasing a £20m 30yr old Centre Back as cover yet we allowed a premier league proven 30yr old centre back Kolo Toure to leave for free!...................................BONKERS!

If you think Pepe will come to us just to cover then you are even more BONKERS! :)

The Doctor said:

If you think Kolo Toure is anywhere near Pepe's class then you're BONKERS

Dribble said:
The Doctor said:
^^^This^^^

I spoke to a Dipper yesterday and told him that they were very lucky because they signed Kolo on a free. He was saying that he's performed brilliantly in their pre-season, but most Dipper fans were skeptical because they thought they'd signed a dud on the decline.

I told him that Toure may be past his peak, but he's still Champions League class in my book. He did fuck all wrong from what I could see and it makes no sense letting one 30 year old go for free, only to buy another one for between £20-£30m.

This is no sleight on Pepe, but I just don't understand the logic. Having said that, as it stands Pepe signing would be a blessed relief.
Again stop focussing on age and in stead focus on ability.

You can understand why Real don't want to sell him. Not only is he still an excellent defender but Real are very concerned about Varane's knee injury that isn't healing. It'd be a bit like us selling Kolo then a club asking us to sell Lescott after Nastasic got injured. I think, sadly, our chances of signing Pepe are small which is probably why we seem to have a deal for Demichelis in the pipeline.

[I posted this in another thread, maybe it belongs in here]

Madrid aren't going to sell Carvalho, Albiol and Pepe and not sign one centre half going the other way leaving just Verane and the man who was once the world's best right back, Ramos, as their only centre halves. Nacho is already 23 and only made 11 appearances for Madrid in two seasons.

I think if Madrid keep Pepe they still need to sign two centre halves, one at a push if Nacho is to feature more this year. Never mind selling Pepe.

That would be like us selling Kolo and Rekik and then selling Lescott leaving us with just Nasty Kompany and Boyata.

LoveCity said:
You can understand why Real don't want to sell him. Not only is he still an excellent defender but Real are very concerned about Varane's knee injury that isn't healing. It'd be a bit like us selling Kolo then a club asking us to sell Lescott after Nastasic got injured. I think, sadly, our chances of signing Pepe are small which is probably why we seem to have a deal for Demichelis in the pipeline.

ah an adult on the transfer forum, thank you LC. Just 1 thing that keeps my attention to this being a goer is that Pepe is still 1:8 to join us and has been for over 5 weeks now - I know that bookies are not generous but this suggests some sound knowledge and they are not keen for anyone to bet on this move?

BibbyBlue85 said:
The Doctor said:

If you think Kolo Toure is anywhere near Pepe's class then you're BONKERS
because kolo was poo and i cringed every time he touchef it.

Pepe-Le-Pew-cartoon-classics-756139_667_479_zpsb2535a6c.jpg

Don't look like he loves us too much do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.