Pep's assistant | Juanma Lillo

Pep’s successor will not be an improvisation from another CFG club. The only one with some pedigree is at Spurs, and even him doesn’t have enough stature. You can’t fuck around. You can’t go from Pep to a vacuum of influence and respectability. A manager isn’t there to prove a point, that’s why talk of Kompany is delusional is well.
Not doubting your comments at all.
We must have some long term plan in place though.
Pep has been a 100% success as far as I'm concerned.
There are things that happen though that Pep has no involvement.
The expansion CFG, purchases for these clubs, sponsorships, advertising, kit deals, youth teams etc.
We are at the top, or close to the top, in all of these.
A lot of the " top" managers are now with new clubs.
The new manager will also most definitely not be at Peps level which leads me to think it will be someone who works with him for a season before taking over the reins.

What is your opinion on Buckingham?

The expansion CFG, purchases for these clubs, sponsorships, advertising, kit deals, youth teams etc.
The new manager will also most definitely not be at Peps level which leads me to think it will be someone who works with him for a season before taking over the reins.

As an assistant?
I don’t know what the plan in place is. Maybe the plan is the same as always, hoping Pep extends (I doubt it very much at this point, based on everything he says). We had no issue going to him while he was employed at Bayern and I can see us approaching another employed manager. Let’s see how Enrique does in Paris

The news was that Lillo left his last role to deal with a family issue so I can only presume that has been resolved in some way if he is coming back.

Overated like Bletchley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.