Pep's assistant | Juanma Lillo

Dino & Gundo will hopefully return someday.
I hope all our ex-players go on to have good careers elsewhere and only come to City if they really are good enough and are exactly what we need.

I don’t like the idea of ex-players coming back to the club just because they are ex-players. It’s what started the downward spiral at Liverpool with Souness and Evans etc. through the 90s and with United having ex-players in the background all last decade and eventually having Solskjaer as coach.

I think it’s the wrong way to go about things.

I hope all our ex-players go on to have good careers elsewhere and only come to City if they really are good enough and are exactly what we need.

I don’t like the idea of ex-players coming back to the club just because they are ex-players. It’s what started the downward spiral at Liverpool with Souness and Evans etc. through the 90s and with United having ex-players in the background all last decade and eventually having Solskjaer as coach.

I think it’s the wrong way to go about things.

Spot on mate.

You should always strive for the best, and restricting the pool to former players by definition means you aren’t able to do that.

Sentimentality inevitably leads to clouded thinking and flawed judgement.

Both the Cult and the FFP cheats have been guilty of this during their recent histories, and their subsequent declines were immediate and clear to see in both cases.

If you look at the most successful managers in the histories of any club across Europe, most of them had no connection whatsoever to the club before they became manager.

If the very best happens to be a former City player, then I’m all for it - but in reality the chances are pretty slim!

City will have a plan....they have short,medium and long term plans for everything and everyone.

Who ever replaces Pep will be a full disciple of the clubs football etho.

The club will be fully cognisant of the failed decisions of other clubs and will probably have a consultancy working on every scenario as we speak,it's what they do !!

He or she will be the same but different but will come from a small pool of 3/4 max.

Pep is a complex,restless character but he seems to relish to challenge of beating the anti City establishment.

He is an anti authoritarian and a rebel and he loves City,Manchester and Mancunians.

He got life left in him as head coach at City and then later as a global ambassador.

Viva Josep.

Fucking brilliant news. Pep's a genius, but he's at his best when he has someone next to him who will give it back to him if it's not going right. As much as I liked Rodolfo and maresca, they always just looked like pep was talking at them, whilst lillo looked like he was bollocking pep nonstop.

Plus he seems to play good cop with a lot of the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.