Pep's assistant | Juanma Lillo

Not that impressed? Why because he wasn’t jumping around or pointing like mcpointyman in the few times you actually seen him lol.

The guys peps number 2 for a reason. The amount of shite that gets posted on here is unbelievable. The team coached themselves? I Forgot there was Lilo cam and cameras in the changing room.

Absolute shite

This is nonsense.

I think it's right that if Lillo has Guardiola's trust, he should have been more hands on. If he doesn't speak English, fine, get another coach to express what needs doing or instruct the Spanish speakers on the pitch to communicate to the other players on positioning or whatever.

I assume Guardiola would have understood and offered support on the phone, not manage from Spain.

I felt like we got away with one, yesterday.

The fact Lillo speaks good English and was chatting and joking with the city players in the warm up yesterday tells us all he just doesn’t want to get involved with the media. Can’t blame him and fair play to him .
Pochettino did the same when at Southampton. Spoke to the media in Spanish via an interpreter to avoid confusion when, lo and behold, he was a veritable Professor Henry Higgins.

This is nonsense.

I think it's right that if Lillo has Guardiola's trust, he should have been more hands on. If he doesn't speak English, fine, get another coach to express what needs doing or instruct the Spanish speakers on the pitch to communicate to the other players on positioning or whatever.

I assume Guardiola would have understood and offered support on the phone, not manage from Spain.

I felt like we got away with one, yesterday.
I don't know what you're basing this on. It took us a while to get going as it often does away from home. We had enough chances to score 4-5, we were comfortable enough at the back and they had one big chance all game. I saw Lillo in his technical area a number of times instructing the players. I liked the calmness from him when they equalised.

Do you think Heckingbotham outcoached him?!

I observed him and he was doing exactly what you say he wasn’t and not long after we scored the second.
Also would anyone want a pair of earphones that a sixty odd year old fella had had in his ears….I wouldn’t

I don't know what you're basing this on. It took us a while to get going as it often does away from home. We had enough chances to score 4-5, we were comfortable enough at the back and they had one big chance all game. I saw Lillo in his technical area a number of times instructing the players. I liked the calmness from him when they equalised.

Do you think Heckingbotham outcoached him?!

Let me ask answer it to you this way; do you think SU's low block and physicality gave them confidence further into the game?

Do you think changes could have been made earlier?

Let me ask answer it to you this way; do you think SU's low block and physicality gave them confidence further into the game?

Do you think changes could have been made earlier?
Lillo was very clear that Pep is in charge of substitutions. So what do you expect him to do here, go against Pep?

The players would have been very clear on what the situation was.

I guess it was Lillos fault that Haaland missed a pen and we spurned more than a few good chances in the first 60mins.

He must have deliberately wanted Sheff Utd to grow into the game and give us a scare.

Honestly this forum sometimes.

Lillo was very clear that Pep is in charge of substitutions. So what do you expect him to do here, go against Pep?

The players would have been very clear on what the situation was.

I guess it was Lillos fault that Haaland missed a pen and we spurned more than a few good chances in the first 60mins.

He must have deliberately wanted Sheff Utd to grow into the game and give us a scare.

Honestly this forum sometimes.
Pep doesn’t make subs whilst the game is “open” and the team is dominating and stable. Hence no subs vs Newcastle, even though it was 3 days after the Super Cup final.

It was the same yesterday. Once Haaland scored, we were comfortable until Walker’s brain fade.

Then immediately Foden came on to add more creativity and directness and we won because of it.

Perfect use of the subs, in Pep’s mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.