Pep's assistant | Juanma Lillo

Pochettino did the same when at Southampton. Spoke to the media in Spanish via an interpreter to avoid confusion when, lo and behold, he was a veritable Professor Henry Higgins.
David silva spoke very passable english but would do interviews in Spanish. This was on instruction from the club , same with a lot of foreign players.
It was so nothing could be lost in translation. On account of our cunty media twisting words

Lillo was very clear that Pep is in charge of substitutions. So what do you expect him to do here, go against Pep?

The players would have been very clear on what the situation was.

I guess it was Lillos fault that Haaland missed a pen and we spurned more than a few good chances in the first 60mins.

He must have deliberately wanted Sheff Utd to grow into the game and give us a scare.

Honestly this forum sometimes.

What a stupid argument!

I'd understand if Guardiola was managing the game upstairs in the stadium, but he's not. He managing the game from Spain where there could be a time delay or can't get a feel for the game cos he's not pitchside.

This is WHY it's effective to manage on the pitch or it just makes things difficult.

Do you think Walker would have got away with play as he did yesterday if Guardiola was watching him live and not get a rocket up his arse earlier?? No. Fucking. Way.

You can't manage depending on TV cutaways focusing on different parts of the pitch. Lillo not exacting subs was a cop out, left to Guardiola who is Spain!! WTF? Proactive not inactive!

We got away with it. It's okay to think like a rational Human being!!

What a stupid argument!

I'd understand if Guardiola was managing the game upstairs in the stadium, but he's not. He managing the game from Spain where there could be a time delay or can't get a feel for the game cos he's not pitchside.

This is WHY it's effective to manage on the pitch or it just makes things difficult.

Do you think Walker would have got away with play as he did yesterday if Guardiola was watching him live and not get a rocket up his arse earlier?? No. Fucking. Way.

You can't manage depending on TV cutaways focusing on different parts of the pitch. Lillo not exacting subs was a cop out, left to Guardiola who is Spain!! WTF? Proactive not inactive!

We got away with it. It's okay to think like a rational Human being!!
It's not an argument. It's the facts. Lillo was very explicit with what the responsibilities are.

I don't agree with it but it is what it is and this weekend likely to be the same again unless Pep decides to trust Lillo to do his own thing.

Do I think Walker is capable of a cock up whether it's Pep or not. Yes he is.

It's not an argument. It's the facts. Lillo was very explicit with what the responsibilities are.

I don't agree with it but it is what it is and this weekend likely to be the same again unless Pep decides to trust Lillo to do his own thing.

Do I think Walker is capable of a cock up whether it's Pep or not. Yes he is.

Okay, it's not an argument, but it's fricking dangerous! Something that makes me uneasy. Lillo works with the team as well and shouldn't need Guardiola to lean on, so much. He knows the tactics, ffs!!

And yes, Walker can fuck up, BUT that has largely gone from his game and Guardiola usually gets in his ear well before he goes off the rails, these days.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on approach to the game management.

Okay, it's not an argument, but it's fricking dangerous! Something that makes me uneasy. Lillo works with the team as well and shouldn't need Guardiola to lean on, so much. He knows the tactics, ffs!!

And yes, Walker can fuck up, BUT that has largely gone from his game and Guardiola usually gets in his ear well before he goes off the rails, these days.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on approach to the game management.
I wasn't really that happy with Lillo seemingly just sat there at the weekend as a statue because Pep was directing everything over the phone. Lillo has decades of experience in his own right but who am I to question Pep and we got the win at the end of the day.

Walker had a fine game up until he tried to be flash harry which back fired, he fixed it himself after and looked like a man posessed though so got to give him credit for that, several years under Pep probably allows him to pull that trigger if he needs to!

So definitely not a case of agree to disagree mate, we are on the same page, I think you just mis-understood my original post.

I wasn't really that happy with Lillo seemingly just sat there at the weekend as a statue because Pep was directing everything over the phone. Lillo has decades of experience in his own right but who am I to question Pep and we got the win at the end of the day.

Walker had a fine game up until he tried to be flash harry which back fired, he fixed it himself after and looked like a man posessed though so got to give him credit for that, several years under Pep probably allows him to pull that trigger if he needs to!

So definitely not a case of agree to disagree mate, we are on the same page, I think you just mis-understood my original post.

Agree with all of that.

I, also, was super happy Walker corrected his mistake and led by example after that.

Not that impressed? Why because he wasn’t jumping around or pointing like mcpointyman in the few times you actually seen him lol.

The guys peps number 2 for a reason. The amount of shite that gets posted on here is unbelievable. The team coached themselves? I Forgot there was Lilo cam and cameras in the changing room.

Absolute shite
Fair enough it was just an observation even if it was nonsense. I guess he's just the opposite of Pep. At times it felt like the lads were missing Peps presence and direction. Luckily for us we have amazing leadership in Walker, Diaz, Bernie and Rodri that managed to get the team to another level in that final few mins after the equalizer.

I know it is about opinions, but I am baffled by some of the views on here about Lillo. He was passive, copping out, etc. The rationale being that we had to rely on a late winner because Pep wasn’t pulling the strings. There have been countless games where we have had to dig deep, with Pep on the touchline. Sunday was a total carbon copy of Forest away last year, dominate, miss countless chances and then give a daft goal away. Fortunately this time we corrected it. These games happen, it had nothing to do with Pep or Lillo in my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.