Pep's contract situation

I'd happily have him manage City forever, but I think there's a few signs it might be nearing the time for him to move on.

This summer we had 3 players who could have stayed choosing to move on, Bernardo is likely to push for a move away again, I don't think Stones+Laporte+Dias+Aké will work as a 4 for much longer, 1 or 2 of them will feel they can start every week, KDB, Walker, Mahrez, Gundogan are all the wrong side of 30.

I said when Pep arrived I hoped he would do 8 years, that's the amount of time Cruyff was manager at Barcelona and laid the foundations for everything that came after.

That would take him to July 2024, and I think that is shaping up to be a natural ending point.

Wasnt Cruyff's last few years and then Barca until Laporta and Rijkaard a bit of a mess?
Then that was OK for a few years after spending a fuck load of money and having one of the best few years of academy success/luck ever(Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and Messi) before going to shit then Pep came in and reinstilled Cruyff's vision and way of playing.

Wasnt Cruyff's last few years and then Barca until Laporta and Rijkaard a bit of a mess?
Then that was OK for a few years after spending a fuck load of money and having one of the best few years of academy success/luck ever(Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and Messi) before going to shit then Pep came in and reinstilled Cruyff's vision and way of playing.

No, you skipped out the Bobby Robson and Louis Van Gaal era with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert and a couple of league titles and cups and UEFA Cup.

No, you skipped out the Bobby Robson and Louis Van Gaal era with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert and a couple of league titles and cups and UEFA Cup.

I didnt skip it I said overall it was a mess and had no correlation with Cruyff before them, Robson was a Pellegriniesque one season stopgap until Van Gaal was available. Van Gaal clashed with everyone and struggled to implement HIS philosophy on the team.
If you think the model to follow is to chop and change managers in the seasons after our best has left with 2 leagues in 10 years then fair enough...Just think we should aim higher personally.

The really scary thing is Brenda Rodgers could well be available can see him walking out on Leicester any day, speculation has started already.

I am sure the club know exactly what his intentions are.

IF he were to leave at the end of the season we don't want the situation the rags had with Fergusson when he "retired" the first time, the drop off after that announcement was huge.
I think, as he has indicated, Pep will decide at Christmas and let the club know his intentions then. I also assume the club has a succession plan in place for season 23/24 if he does decide to go at the end of his current contract. I have always thought Pep will take another break from football and come back in his own time of choosing, possibly for an International job, perhaps England.

I think, as he has indicated, Pep will decide at Christmas and let the club know his intentions then. I also assume the club has a succession plan in place for season 23/24 if he does decide to go at the end of his current contract. I have always thought Pep will take another break from football and come back in his own time of choosing, possibly for an International job, perhaps England.
Honestly think.if he was going to leave the club would already know and would be approaching targets already and without doubt the press would be all over this. As yet not one report or rumour ! Remember the rumours Pep was coming started nearly 18 months beforehand .

Honestly think.if he was going to leave the club would already know and would be approaching targets already and without doubt the press would be all over this. As yet not one report or rumour ! Remember the rumours Pep was coming started nearly 18 months beforehand .
IF, he is leaving, IF, Enrique is the obvious choice and would be available with little fuss and again IF he is leaving both pep and the club will do everything possible to keep it quite, because it could destroy any chances of titles this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.