Pep's contract situation

Trouble is if he decides to leave next season most of his back room staff will go with him, so it’s not a question of just replacing him. I think he sign a extension.

IF, he is leaving, IF, Enrique is the obvious choice and would be available with little fuss and again IF he is leaving both pep and the club will do everything possible to keep it quite, because it could destroy any chances of titles this season.
Pochettino was mentioned quite a lot last year as a potential successor.

Not suggesting that we should hire him, but could be worth watching his movements over the next year, as well as people such as Enrique.

I genuinely wouldn’t want to bet either way as to Guardiola staying or not. One thing we know about him is that he’s his own man, so I could easily see him staying or leaving to be honest.

Pochettino was mentioned quite a lot last year as a potential successor.

Not suggesting that we should hire him, but could be worth watching his movements over the next year, as well as people such as Enrique.

I genuinely wouldn’t want to bet either way as to Guardiola staying or not. One thing we know about him is that he’s his own man, so I could easily see him staying or leaving to be honest.
Hope there is no chance of him becoming our manager.

Honestly think.if he was going to leave the club would already know and would be approaching targets already and without doubt the press would be all over this. As yet not one report or rumour ! Remember the rumours Pep was coming started nearly 18 months beforehand .
Was more than 18 months.
A member on here (was it Salford Paul?) said he was coming to city in 3 years before he even signed with Bayern.

Doing well might have got you the job 15 years ago.
No chance now.
What’s your criteria for hiring a new manager then?

Given the concentration of genuine trophy winners over the past decade (obviously due in large part to our own success), the choice would appear extremely limited. Klopp, Ancelotti and Zidane? Mourinho?

Wouldn’t expect us to hire any of them. Not many other obvious choices beyond them, so we’re necessarily going to have to base the decision on other factors and who we believe would be the best fit. Not obvious to me who would and wouldn’t be considered.

I think both the club and pep are waiting for the world cup to decide . If any good option like enrique, zidane (if he doesn't get the french job), hansi flick become available pep will leave otherwise he will stay. Also world cup would provide pep with the possible options of good international job like Brazil,Spain or England

He did well at Tottenham to be fair to him, although losing a one horse race in France has probably done for him.

This is simply not true, in my opinion.

He did shite at Tottenham.

Given the resources he had at his disposal, and the perfect alignment of opportunity that conspired to essentially deliver him a free pass at the League in 15/16 - his performance can’t be viewed as anything other than a dismal failure.

Look at this team:

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Kane

That was a fucking fantastic side he had back then, whichever way you look at it!

That season, we were shite and scraped 4th as we knew Pellegrini was a dead man walking, Liverpool were still fucking useless and finished 8th having started the season with Rodgers as their manager, the Rags were shite and finished 5th, Chelsea (who had won the League the season before and would win it the following year) had a complete meltdown and finished 10th.

Never would the stars align so favourably for Spurs again.

That was their golden opportunity, and he fucked it - with that side listed above - handing the League to Leicester in the process.

That really should have been Spurs’ turn to finally win the thing once and for all, and in my view is as bad as not winning a one horse League with PSG.

He didn’t even manage to win one of the Cups to at least have something to show for it.

The guy is a complete myth, and I’d be absolutely astonished if we’d go anywhere near him to replace Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.