Pep's contract situation

Major Trophies won by Barcelona Since Pep:

1661326831167.png

Major Trophies Won by Bayern after Pep:

1661326903248.png

Now, these are not playing in the Premier League, and I understand that. However, if the club continues to acquire players responsibly with the correct profile, if we continue to invest in the right things, maintain stability financially, appoint a respectable manager with good pedigree and that gels with the squad I cannot see why not our stories will not be the same if not better than the above mentioned clubs.

Our financial situation is better than both the above, and as of this year we are the most profitable club on planet Earth without capital injection.

Players will want to come play for us, and in the PL due to status and financials.

And an interesting one, both Pep managed clubs have won a CL immediately if not in the next two seasons as proven by the above.

I understand everyone's doom and gloom, but let's be honest here, we went from the club we were before Pep to a world beater, financial super-power and that cannot be tainted and changed by just a managerial appointment.

I always wonder why some people seem to think Graham Potter is this great manager and why they're so adamant that he can replace Pep.

Not saying he isn't great, I just genuinely don't know what people are basing it off.
He’s done a fantastic job on a limited budget and has them playing really good football. Couldn’t see us going for him but i’d love him to replace that bore Southgate. Preferably before Mr negative costs England another chance in a tournament in November:)

The team is ageing - he was never going to leave while there were trophies to be absorbed by the best squad any English club has ever assembled, hence him extending. He didn’t want anybody else to match or eclipse what he’s done with it.

Now United will be getting multibillionaire investment, the rest of the league can also buy very good players and maybe even the culmination and sanctions of the PL FFP investigation mean it’s a good time to walk away for him.

own up which team in red you support

Luis Enrique - if ever there was a myth this guy is it. Won nothing as a manager and there is a trend of leaving clubs well before the end of his contract when things don‘t go right. I’d rather have Potter than him!
you-you-de-niro.gif

The team is ageing - he was never going to leave while there were trophies to be absorbed by the best squad any English club has ever assembled, hence him extending. He didn’t want anybody else to match or eclipse what he’s done with it.

Now United will be getting multibillionaire investment, the rest of the league can also buy very good players and maybe even the culmination and sanctions of the PL FFP investigation mean it’s a good time to walk away for him.
1661344233604.png

own up which team in red you support
Pep has more control and a working relation with the higher archi at City than he'll get with any other club so he won't walk away from that easily ! He's says he loves the club the City and his life ! He stated the club and himself will talk about the situation during the world cup break. One thing for sure is that if there were any approaches from.City to other managers the press would be all over it and there's not sqeek of anything ! Remember it was well known Pep.was coming here well over a year beforehand ! Unless there's a club that Pep thinks will suit him better he'll not be going anywhere!

I disagree. Of course it won't be the centurions season, or the domestic quadruple, but it also shouldn't be a keeping the club stabilised. Pep himself hasn't been able to hit those incredible achievements again, because they are so incredible. When he leaves, I think we will continue to challenge and win one or two trophies a a season, which is what Pep has been doing too.

We have a fantastic squad. Built for both Pep and adter Pep. Arguably, with the players brought in, unused space in the squad, and plenty of money from sales alone to play with, I'd say it looks more for after Pep than with him, where a new.manager can come in and make a few additions of his own immediately without even touching the existing players. And if he commits, he can maybe use that in January himself.

Pep says the same things regularly, and they can be interpreted both ways. At times I think he is genuinely happy and wants to be here longer, but is being guarded and careful. Other times, I feel he is simply saying the right thing but either feels it is enough or just hasn't decided yet, and is leaving room either way. Regardless, the club I am sure will know already.

Think we will maintain our current success when he leaves though. Not peak Pep, granted, but still will be a big challenger and right up there with the best.
Mate you sort of saying the same. In other words.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.