Pep's contract situation

He’s signing. I’ve been told is been on the cards for 12 months, and it’s one of the reasons Haaland chose to come to City
pooh-dancing.gif

I don't see him managing an international side anytime soon.

Don't think he'd enjoy the small amount of time with an international side trying to get his style across to them for it all to disappear when they go back to their clubs.
Neither do I, however he can’t keep this workload indefinitely, at some point he will value more time at home. The small amount of time with an international side will be manageable.

Nobody better than him for us and there never will be sadly. For all his stubbornness he is the greatest fit for our club and we are the perfect fit for him. Nobody, try as they might will ever fit into his shoes.
No reason for him to look elsewhere, he has the backing of the board and 2 close allies in Txiki and Soriano. As long as his family are happy to stay, then he will sign another extension.

He would be the only employee on planet earth that thinks that way in that case
I think for most when they start out, money is a huge motivator. Once you hit a point of financial security, where you and your family are literally secure for generations then other factors do become as important .
Obviously there aren’t many lucky enough to be in that situation but Pep is and I reckon he’s at the point where job satisfaction is a bigger priority over an extra couple of zeros in his bank account.

You'd assume that the agents of these players that have signed for us in the last year or so (NMS, Akanji, Gomez, Phillips) would have been quizzing the club about what the long term future held re the managerial structure at the club.

I’m sure those conversations will have took place, but the ones you name there we should be able to get regardless.

Haaland was the one and I believe Pep has told him he expects to be here.

Let’s hope he is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.