Pep's contract situation

When Pep says how much he loves it here, there's no doubt he's telling the truth. If he weren't, then there's no way he'd have consented to a stay with us that, at the end of this season, will match that of his time in charge of the Barca first team and of Bayern put together.

When he arrived, I thought we might, if we were lucky, get one year from him beyond the three he originally contracted for, maybe two at the very outside. If, back then, someone had shown me the vision of him staying for a seventh season, I'd have been thrilled. Now it would be a huge disappointment if he rode off into the sunset at the end of the current campaign. Yes, we'll never get anyone else as good as him, but then I really believe that he'll never be as fulfilled in another job as he currently is in ours. The whole set-up is ideal for him.

So come on Baldy, sign up for a couple of years longer. You know it makes sense. And break Klopp and the scouse vermin at the same time. When Jurgen signed on there until 2025, he and his club were hoping for a couple of years after you moved on from here when they could rule the roost. Deny that to them and revel in how devastated they'll be.

I’m sure those conversations will have took place, but the ones you name there we should be able to get regardless.

Haaland was the one and I believe Pep has told him he expects to be here.

Let’s hope he is
I’m assuming NMS is Haaland? Nordic Meat Shield

When Pep says how much he loves it here, there's no doubt he's telling the truth. If he weren't, then there's no way he'd have consented to a stay with us that, at the end of this season, will match that of his time in charge of the Barca first team and of Bayern put together.

When he arrived, I thought we might, if we were lucky, get one year from him beyond the three he originally contracted for, maybe two at the very outside. If, back then, someone had shown me the vision of him staying for a seventh season, I'd have been thrilled. Now it would be a huge disappointment if he rode off into the sunset at the end of the current campaign. Yes, we'll never get anyone else as good as him, but then I really believe that he'll never be as fulfilled in another job as he currently is in ours. The whole set-up is ideal for him.

So come on Baldy, sign up for a couple of years longer. You know it makes sense. And break Klopp and the scouse vermin at the same time. When Jurgen signed on there until 2025, he and his club were hoping for a couple of years after you moved on from here when they could rule the roost. Deny that to them and revel in how devastated they'll be.

Agree regarding Klopp hoping Pep leaves after this season and Klopp new this season also with the world cup he giving his players some what of a time of then next year fully rested have the an onslaught at all comps! pep signings for another two years will be a kick in the teeth for Klopp and especially the rags! Because all these managers know you need 90+ points to win a league when Peps in that league…

I’m assuming NMS is Haaland? Nordic Meat Shield
Apologies, you of course a man of huge intellect correcting my error, you are entitled to expect better. I much appreciate your wise words. Now you go in there, shoulders back and smash it BuryBlue

Pep should do it for himself and the team. I mean who wouldn’t want to manage this group of players for a little longer. This team hasn’t peaked yet and if we manage to get Bellingham then we’ll continue to be the team to beat. The piss boiling from the rags and dippers in the media and fan base is just a bonus and a lovely one at that.

Last edited:
I'm hearing the sticking point in contract negotiations is Pep wants to wear a white t-shirt on the sidelines for the first month of the season. He also wants a lifetime supply of sweater coats funded by the club. Soriano is concerned that Pep might be losing his mind after hearing these requests.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.