Pep's contract situation

Maybe to Model some jeans. I don’t think he would go there to coach. The Italian clubs don’t have the same level of funds.

For the historic side maybe but the league wouldn’t challenge him mate

He loves Italy, he's said he'd like to manage there in the future and it's the only serious league he hasn't won yet. It's his obvious destination after leaving City, the only question is when and whether the league is interesting enough. He almost went to Milan instead of Bayern in 2013.

For the past 10 years it's just been Juventus hegemony, now Napoli, Milan, Inter, Roma and Lazio are all genuinely competing for the title.

RedBird Capital have the money to make Milan go deep in the Champions League as well.

He's never stayed anywhere as long as City ... but he really does seem to appreciate what he has here; the funds & setup to compete at the top, without quite the same pressure & scrutiny you get at Barca, Bayern, etc.

The one downside of City is that you don't get the praise & respect from the media & pundits, that your results/ play deserve. I think Pep has shown a few times that this irks & frustrates him.

He loves Italy, he's said he'd like to manage there in the future and it's the only serious league he hasn't won yet. It's his obvious destination after leaving City, the only question is when and whether the league is interesting enough. He almost went to Milan instead of Bayern in 2013.

For the past 10 years it's just been Juventus hegemony, now Napoli, Milan, Inter, Roma and Lazio are all genuinely competing for the title.

RedBird Capital have the money to make Milan go deep in the Champions League as well.
Premier League Club average operating revenues are basically double Serie A clubs. I suspect Redbird Capital would have to be willing to run Milan at a loss to keep up with Man City spending levels on players.

I think the Premier League is leaving that league in the dust.

Give him a season off to recharge his batteries, meanwhile we hire an interim manager.

Premier League Club average operating revenues are basically double Serie A clubs. I suspect Redbird Capital would have to be willing to run Milan at a loss to keep up with Man City spending levels on players.

I think the Premier League is leaving that league in the dust.

I can’t believe anyone actually think Pep gives a fuck about “Premier league club average operating revenues”

I can’t believe anyone actually think Pep gives a fuck about “Premier league club average operating revenues”
He absolutely does because it affects the quality of players he can buy.

There is reason why we can buy Haaland and afford his wages and a club like Dortmund can’t afford to keep him.

Money is everything in football, without it you are nothing.

He absolutely does because it affects the quality of players he can buy.

There is reason why we can buy Haaland and afford his wages and a club like Dortmund can’t afford to keep him.

Money is everything in football, without it you are nothing.

This is true in general although the odd Leicester miracle can still happen. I now expect Arsenal to throw some big cash in January to give their title challenge a real go.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's making a decision on his future during the World cup
I read that too, and he sounded quite relaxed about it - more like time to think of a new contract, than time to make a big decision about leaving.

Given he's still fairly young as a manager, I don't see many options for him. Italy is almost certainly another short project as very few managers stay long in post, so unless he's looking to retire, it would be then heading back to a league he's already managed in, which doesn't seem likely.

I don't think he'll find a better set up than here - he's clearly very intense, but everything is set up to support him, so it's probably as relaxed as it can get, while still being competitive. I'd hope that means he stays a few more years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.