Pep's contract situation

Just thinking tonight…. I don’t think he will stay.

This summer Gundogans contract is up and Bernardo is likely to leave. Probably his 2 favourite people. KDB is probably going to start declining slowly next season due to age and body type.

So if we want to admit it or not, we are gonna need a midfield overhaul and these aren’t the type of players you can replace easily.

A lot of the attention is now placed on Haaland and not the team ethic it has been for the last years with us having no ‘star’ above the others. Not for a second saying he doesn’t love Erling but I think Pep gets his coaching kicks in other ways.

He’s done his work with Foden and I’m not sure he gets much satisfaction working with a 27 year old Grealish who he probably can’t improve.

So the question is, has he got the energy to go again for 3 years or so and does he have the motivation to build a new midfield. I don’t think he does. He’s been here ages, built 2/3 amazing teams so he probably wants to enjoy life for a bit.

70/30 he goes is my feeling tonight.
Or, bring in Frenkie de Jong and start a new project in making Foden an attacking midfielder and we’ll be fine in midfield.

This summer Gundogans contract is up and Bernardo is likely to leave. Probably his 2 favourite people. KDB is probably going to start declining slowly next season due to age and body type.

So if we want to admit it or not, we are gonna need a midfield overhaul and these aren’t the type of players you can replace easily.

A lot of the attention is now placed on Haaland and not the team ethic it has been for the last years with us having no ‘star’ above the others. Not for a second saying he doesn’t love Erling but I think Pep gets his coaching kicks in other ways.

He’s done his work with Foden and I’m not sure he gets much satisfaction working with a 27 year old Grealish who he probably can’t improve.

So the question is, has he got the energy to go again for 3 years or so and does he have the motivation to build a new midfield. I don’t think he does. He’s been here ages, built 2/3 amazing teams so he probably wants to enjoy life for a bit.

The tougher the challenge, the more he likes it. Solving problems is what motivates him. I think and hope he will stay at least for another three seasons. Long enough for Vinnie to be a tried and tested PL manager :-)

He's already turned over the entire squad once bar Kev, don't think he'll be afraid of doing it one more time.

Fully expect him to sign an extension during World Cup break. Seems the obvious time to get things sorted.

There is nowhere like here for pep to go to? At city is all designed for him and his relationship with not any txiki and ferran, he is also extremely close to khaldoon and he gets everything he possibly needs to grow the team and squad further? He also will have agreed he’s staying with Erling knowing that full well before signing and I can see it being a 3 year contract straight out rather than a rolling one year? Keeps the players happy it’s a long term deal and will take him to 10 years with hopefully Bellingham coming in with a couple of other younger next generation stars pep can go again with and make even better.

If Pep wasn’t to sign and if we were to win the champions league (lot of ifs there I know) do you think the natural cycle would have run it’s course and Ferran and Txixi leave too?

I fully expect Pep to sign by the way, I have a horrible feeling though that the 3 will leave together when they do leave which isn’t ideal.

If Pep wasn’t to sign and if we were to win the champions league (lot of ifs there I know) do you think the natural cycle would have run it’s course and Ferran and Txixi leave too?

I fully expect Pep to sign by the way, I have a horrible feeling though that the 3 will leave together when they do leave which isn’t ideal.
i see your a glass half empty kind of guy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.